Goliath Tarantula anyone ?

caffeine

Banned
Jul 29, 2012
Earth
[video=youtube;ra4WmE-joMQ]http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=ra4WmE-joMQ[/video]

omnomnomnom

Harvestman

Bushcrafter through and through
May 11, 2007
Pontypool, Wales, Uk
Yet another sensationalist title - "World's largest venomous spider" - virtually all spiders are venomous. You might just as well simply say "world's largest spider", the meaning is essentially the same.

I hate it when spiders are sensationalised as more dangerous than they are. A goliath black can give a nasty bite, but isn't one of the truly dangerous species. Heck, a cat can give a nasty bite.

As for eating them, well, they're a resource in that environment, and protein rich. Why not?

caffeine

Banned
Jul 29, 2012
Earth
awww they're all fluffy ... i'd love to try one

harvestman agreed last North Wood meet i got bitten by what i suspect was a spider and my wrist ballooned :( was not a happy chappy ... might have to post a pic

i also hear wood lice taste like shrimp ... still yet to sample ... i bet they're quite nice boiled

John Fenna

Lifetime Member & Maker
Oct 7, 2006
Pembrokeshire
I have eaten spiders (type unknown) in the UK - it took loads to make a mouthful ... but where we were in an old quarry in South Yorkshire there were loads! Fried in a little oil they tasted a bit like crunchy hazel nuts but probably gave fewer calories than they took to find :)

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE