glow sticks

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.
Sep 19, 2006
Gloucester
not the 'huge' ones you see special forces use in films, but I get all my glow sticks from this guy, they're a fraction of the cost you pay in shops. the 6" ones are what I'd use around camp and hung up in a tent and the 8" tri-colour are what I'd give to kids to throw around and generally play with.

http://kaiiak321.com

Pict

Settler
Jan 2, 2005
Central Brazil
clearblogs.com
I highly recommend glowsticks for anytime you are taking a kid camping for the first time. I have done this with all my kids. I give them a glowstick and have them light it up. For some reason they take all the fear away of a first night in the bush. They also save the flashlight (OK "torch") batteries. Mac

fishy1

Banned
Nov 29, 2007
sneck
Are the chemicals in glowsticks environmentally friendly?, my girlfriends daughter chewed the end off one causing major panic and a phone call to NHS direct, apparently they are not very tasty ;)

They generally contain a glass tube and various chemicals.

Are we talking about the thick glow sticks or the ones about 4mm thick?

I sell glow sticks occasionally, I need to buy a thousand more. They cost about 10p each in bulk for things about 40cm long, sell for at least a pound.

Grooveski

Native
Aug 9, 2005
Glasgow
I have a couple of glowsticks but they haven't left the house for a while, used to carry one when hillwalking in the just in case bundle.

Have seen them advertised as "Environmentaly Friendly" but I take that to mean "Less toxic than they were before".
Bit jaded having seen them abused at festivals. They seem like an awful lot of of disposable nasties for such a short burst of convenient lighting.

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE