Glogg Water Bottles

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

helixpteron

Native
Mar 16, 2008
UK
Ok, but if I buy one from china it costs less than a Nalgene plastic one, even the fakes are pushing a tenner. If I buy a metal named brand from the states, they start at twenty before postage.

And if a filter fits you would think the other mods would too.

I think that other mods would fit, mainly because the Nalgene bottles shape and size have become the generic type.

I bought several Lifeventure 1litre 'wide mouth' bottles and Nalgene splash guards (from different companies) in the absolute certainty that they would fit perfectly, which they did.

The success of the Nalgene bottle inspired other companies to offer their own versions, and making the capacity and specific dimensions match those of the Nalgene broadened the appeal to buyers that did not want to spend so much money for the Nalgene, as they knew that accessories such as splash guards, carriers, sleeves etc would fit.

The price I got my Lifeventure 1litre bottles was too good to decline, and to be honest, I can't see the logic in paying double for the Nalgene.

I'm looking forward to seeing the Snow Peak titanium single and double wall bottles which will be out this year!
happy0054.gif

lexan-flasks.jpg
NalgeneSplashguardbig.jpg

Tonyuk

Settler
Nov 30, 2011
Scotland
Sports direct are doing karrimor branded versions of these bottles cheap, i've got a few and, compared to a proper Sigg there not bad at all for the price. A few people i know have the glogg bottles, not too bad either. The new cammelbak bottles look good too and might be worth checking out if you see them in a shop.

Tonyuk

Alan 13~7

Settler
Oct 2, 2014
Prestwick, Scotland
Nice looking flask, I noticed these wee cookers a while back, I've wanted to give one a try but as yet I've not tried using one, I had read that they were a bit rubbish very slow, you use them & obviously rate them, do you refill them or just get new? I've had the idea for a light weight brew kit using the swedish army gel "pot stand thingy", in combo with the civvi trangia burner, the pot stand packs neatly round the trangia burner, which in turn fits inside a standard stove enameled tin mug making for a light weight brew kit... & the more I look at your pictures the more I realise the Glogg is a perfect kettle/water bottle for my proposed kit I really must have one cheers dave

Alan

Last edited:

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE