Glo Toobs.

Johnnyboy1971

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Dec 24, 2010
Yorkshire
Has anyone any first hand experience of these ?

Are they a viable option to the Krill lights?
I know they are smaller but are they reliable

Cheers
johnny

Johnnyboy1971

Dec 24, 2010
Yorkshire
Pricey! There cheaper than Krills.
All i know is there half the size but the light is emitted from the bottom of the tube.

Jared

Sep 8, 2005
Wales
Pricey! There cheaper than Krills.
All i know is there half the size but the light is emitted from the bottom of the tube.

Depends on which version

The 23As are cheaper, the CR123s aren't.

http://www.flashaholics.co.uk/glo-toob.html

The advantage of the CR123 version is can put rechargeables (RCR123/16340) in them, and as far as I'm aware there is no such thing as a rechargeable 23A.

Jared

Sep 8, 2005
Wales

ex-member BareThrills

Dec 5, 2011
United Kingdom
I know not quite the same league...

Have you thought about these, I brought a green one to try this weekend, and was well impressed for 99p.

http://www.tesco.com/direct/4-in-1-...le-red/524-7780.prd?pageLevel=&skuId=524-7780

http://2.bp.blogspot.com/-JINCGLA4FT4/T9KPmQqG7fI/AAAAAAAACKE/jYqm5ICBbHc/s1600/IMG_3182.JPG

ive been using them for the last few meets Stu, very impressed with them. I got mine in store for £2 and bought a shed load of batteries of ebay. bit fiddly to change the cells but not too bad. they also do a red round disk in store which decorum had at the last meet. apart from his left moob flashing at me a lot they looked really good too :D

dean4442

Nov 11, 2004
Wokingham UK
I've just ordered these to see what they are like:http: //dx.com/p/waterproof-0-05w-5lm-led-rgb-light-tie-on-motorcycle-safety-light-black-2-pcs-2-x-cr2032-167564
I'll report back when they finally turn up!
Colin

Nice65

Brilliant!
Apr 16, 2009
W.Sussex
wonder what the difference is

The difference is size. The CR123a version is much bigger than the one that takes the garage door remote type battery. Both are marketed as markers.

The earlier (smaller) one had far less confusing flash modes and is IMO the better unit if you require a marker beacon or small light source.

The Lithium (CR123a) version is brighter (much) and is marketed towards waterproofness, with dive marker listed as a particular role.

If you want to use either as tent lighting expect to be squinting a bit, thet're designed to cast light 360 degrees. Both have clear bodies from which the light is relfected out. Neither works well as a torch. Personally I think they're overpriced and have very limited applications.

Big Stu 12

Bushcrafter through and through
Jan 7, 2012
Ipswich
ive been using them for the last few meets Stu, very impressed with them. I got mine in store for £2 and bought a shed load of batteries of ebay. bit fiddly to change the cells but not too bad. they also do a red round disk in store which decorum had at the last meet. apart from his left moob flashing at me a lot they looked really good too :D

I am now thinking about cutting the lenth down in size and seeing what the differnce is to the amount of light they give out, just to see if i can get them smaller :), but great things... and the whistle is quite loud... lol

ex-member BareThrills

Dec 5, 2011
United Kingdom
Ive just had a glotoob delivered. its the cheap one mode version (green) from bushcraft store as i had a voucher to use. Very impressed with it. Easily brighter than a krill but not so bad as to dazzle you. got 25 batteries on the way from dx.com which put me back just under a tenner and should last me a good few years. Turned it on at 11am so will let you know what the battery life is like on the generic cell it came with (they claim 30hrs). To be fair duracell batteries on ebay are very good value too.

20130109_141316.jpg

Johnnyboy1971

Dec 24, 2010
Yorkshire
I want another the same but in white(im sure that makes sense)
I put a piece of gaffa tape down one side to help make it directional.
Im guessing the white one you could read by.

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE