Glencoe / Loch Leven

Hi first proper post bit unsure how to word it or how to use forums properly haha

I'm looking at maybe going up to the Glencoe area for a bit of camping and fishing not sure when or how long yet
Its probably been about 6 years since I've been up that way and I was just wondering if anyone has any recommendations about taking a trip up?
I didn't fish the Loch at the time I visited and was wondering if it is worth it?

Thanks
Alex

ol smokey

Oct 16, 2006
Scotland
Red Squirrel camp site in the Glen itself gets a good name, and camp fires are allowed I believe. Sorry cant help with the fishing information. Hope that this is of some help. Stuart.

Jim_aramis

Forager
Aug 28, 2005
East Cheshire
I stayed at Caolasnacon campsite at the side of Loch Leven last year. It benefits from a breeze that kept the midges down in the day.

I was with some friends who'd never fished before (including me) but we had no problem catching plenty of mackerel. There were some spots where the loch narrows that had access and seemed popular.

I passed the Red Squirrel site after doing Aonach Eagach and it look like a great spot, definitely more bushcrafty.

Hey thanks for the info I've heard of the red squirrell one :) probably going to need to hold off till the weathers a bit better haha there used to be a lochan with good rainbow trout as well but I don't think anyone owns it anymore so I don't know what the fishing rules are for it will ask when am up have the joy of both types of fishing hopefully :)
Thanks
Alex

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE