Glastonbury 2013

The Cumbrian

Nov 10, 2007
The Rainy Side of the Lakes.
I'm watching the highlights on tv, and I wish I was there. I stopped going 20 years ago because it seemed to be getting too commercial to my idealistic young self. Watching the Arctic Monkeys, Portishead and KT Tunstall seems like the spirit of the festival that I used to go to has been restored. It probably wasn't lost on the first place, but whatever is going on this year makes me want to go back. I'd really like to see Jake Bugg too.

Last edited:

Imagedude

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Feb 24, 2011
Gwynedd
Your looking back through rose tinted specs. Try living in a leaking tent in your back garden for a few days, during the day stand in the rain while watching MTV. Eat only home delivery fast food and tip the delivery boy £10 every visit. For the Glasto bogs experience fill a bucket to overflowing with human waste making sure that the seat is well covered. Hey presto - a real stay at home Glasto experience...

neoaliphant

Settler
Aug 24, 2009
Somerset
Your looking back through rose tinted specs. Try living in a leaking tent in your back garden for a few days, during the day stand in the rain while watching MTV. Eat only home delivery fast food and tip the delivery boy £10 every visit. For the Glasto bogs experience fill a bucket to overflowing with human waste making sure that the seat is well covered. Hey presto - a real stay at home Glasto experience...

which is exactly why a lot more people are glamping there nowadays

The Cumbrian

Nov 10, 2007
The Rainy Side of the Lakes.

None of that used to bother me too much. The worst bit was picking the dried mud off at the end of the weekend; it was like being waxed.

Nov 29, 2004
Scotland
When I was a young un, the Reading Festival was more of my kind of thing and I could usually head directly from there to the Notting Hill Carnival on a Monday. The best long weekends ever. :)

Last edited:

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE