Glamping

neoaliphant

Settler
Aug 24, 2009
Somerset
I was at the showmans show as well, although working as a visitor, i had a look around hotel belltent, looks nice.

its a bit like comparing a mayfair hotel with mrs jones B&B, luxury for those who want it

Al

santaman2000

M.A.B (Mad About Bushcraft)
Jan 15, 2011
Florida
I can actually understand the desire for comfort; not all trips are for the sake of roughing it. But wouldn't a camper trailer make more sense? Not only are they more comfortable but more conveninet; no packing/unpacking, no setting up/taking down. Just park it and level it. And the bathroom is onboard.

mousey

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Jun 15, 2010
NE Scotland
Hmm, the thing that would put me off that would be the price - I bet they'd charge a lot more than a standard bnb for the privilage of sleeping in a tent.

If I go camping on my own I wild camp cause I'm in scotland and I can:) If I go camping with the kids it's at an organised site for toilets and hot shower if they get cold. If I go camping with the missus we stay in a hotel:)

Tengu

Jan 10, 2006
Wiltshire
Whats wrong with a yurt same as the rest of us?

I have heard bell tents are not that comfy anyway.

crosslandkelly

Jun 9, 2009
North West London
Glad to see it's not just me that this applies to!!:)

Me to. SWMBO refuses any thing less than a room with ensuite, Yurts and Belltents at events such as Glastonbury, for corporate jollies can cost £6000- £10000 for a week. Mind you that includes 24hr security in your pris...... I mean compound.

rik_uk3

Banned
Jun 10, 2006
south wales
If you look back a few years at general posts on this forum you'll find many of us here are now 'bushglampers' compared to say back in 05 or 06 (or before for some of the older members). 'Bushcraft' itself these days is glamping really, couple of days (at most for many) 'in the bush' (near the car) cooking in cast iron pots and dressed in 'earth coloured clothing' is no more 'authentic' than the couple on a spring mattress in a bell tent knocking back chilled Chardonnay from the cold box and eating nibbles cooked on their Tibetan dung burner at the end of the day lol.

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE