Gift from the states?

SOAR

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Jan 21, 2007
cheshire
My folks are going to America on monday to Florida and have asked me if I want anything bringing back, now I have thought long an hard about this and although i have a few ideas i was wondering if anyone on here had any thoughts. They are deffinatley going to a store over there called basspro as it sells everything to do with fishing, camping and hunting as my step father is a keen fisherman and plans to do some fishing out there.
http://www.basspro.com/webapp/wcs/stores/servlet/Shop_10151_-1_10001

British Red

M.A.B (Mad About Bushcraft)
Dec 30, 2005
Mercia
SOAR, I'd be tempted by a good water filter or stove. They are often way, way cheaper over there than here. I'd stick with a "commodity" item so you can price it in advance.

If you are a coffee head, large enamel perculators and coffee pots are silly cheap there

Red

SOAR

Jan 21, 2007
cheshire
I was looking at things that I could get cheaper over there than here, still not sure. I did look at night vision monoculars as they tend to go for around £130 here but in the states they are around £70. The perculater is a good idea. The cost is being picked up by me so I can be abit frivolous.

shep

Maker
Mar 22, 2007
Norfolk
Thermarests are much cheaper in Canada, probably the US too. You could always go for a job lot of Zebra billies for your lovely Bushcraft chums!:D

SOAR

Jan 21, 2007
cheshire
I had thought about them as they are like chickens teeth over here but I think she might object to bringing back a job lot of pans in her suitcase, :( Still I could try and talk her round:D

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE