Giants Seat Meet 27th-29th of April

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

bilmo-p5

Bushcrafter through and through
Jul 5, 2010
west yorkshire
im not sure exactly where this place is

The entrance is on the A667 between Kearsley & Whitefield. It's right on a 90° bend next to a white-painted house. Posn indicated on map by pink arrow...

GiantsSeatMap.jpg

There's a bus service along that road on weekdays.

Follow the lane until you come to a farm and a big new house. Turn to left, thru' gate and follow lane until you get to site carpark and buildings.

Last edited:

bilmo-p5

Jul 5, 2010
west yorkshire
Don't see why not, we were all noobs once.

edit to my last... the bus is 512/513. I don't know here yo get on at the Whitefield end but there's a stop on the main road below Kearsley railway station (down the path & steps).

Jim_aramis

Forager
Aug 28, 2005
East Cheshire
Might be a small meet, but a good crowd o people! :) Can i get a lift off anyone? Im doing a crash driving course but its not so crash Ill be driving by next week

My plan at the moment is to take the family, so my car will be full. If my circumstance changes I'll let you know.

DaveBromley

May 17, 2010
Manchester, England
Righto chaps and chappettes i'm just gonna go through a few ground rules

*you can rock up on friday any time after 9am and must leave the site for 2pm on Sunday

*Please pay Subs when you arrive, its £5 per night per person. (i'm there for a good time too so dont want to have to chase people please)

*NO GROUND FIRES - there is extensive leaf mould so all fores must be raised

*We can take as much deadwood as we like BUT IT MUST BE DEAD if in doubt leave it alone

*The Flag circle is out of bound (no exceptions)

*Sharps and alcohol dont mix so no drunken sillyness (by all means have a drink just dont overdo it)

*Sharps to be sheathed unless in use

*any guests or Minors are the responsibility of the relevant Member

*There is ample room if you want to be away from the group.

*All litter must be removed from site, there is NO site bin so if you brought it with take it out please

*Toilet blocks are to be left clean!

* oh and last but most important ...........................HAVE FUN!!

I know a lot of these wont apply to anyone on here but better to be safe than sorry

Thanks guys and i look forward to seeing you there

Dave

Chiseller

Oct 5, 2011
West Riding
We're not making it after all :( Swmbo ain't too good. Have a good one folks.

Sent from my HTC Explorer using Tapatalk 2

Crystel

Feb 20, 2012
Manchester, UK
Hi, everybody

I just want to say Thank you for making me and my kids welcome at our first meet. See you all again soon, and I hope the weather is better next time.

Sharon

DaveBromley

May 17, 2010
Manchester, England
hopefully the weather will be slightly nicer next time.

Sunday was a nightmare it was howling with wind and lashingdown when i was packing up!!!

But all in all had one of the best weekends ive had in a long time.

The wild edibles were great (Thanks Pete) and the crack was wicked, Thanks to all that attended (even you Jim) for making it a wicked weekend

Look forward to seeing you all again soon

Dave

Wolfmanuk

Tenderfoot
Mar 6, 2012
Leeds
Packing up in the rain was no fun at all... especially with a pounding headache!

I think I saw a couple of ferrets doing one into the woods with Lindsey's stew... if only they knew....

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE