Giant Sleeping bag suggestions. Comfort level of -20 or lower. For a Grizzly Bear!

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

Midnitehound

Silver Trader
Jun 8, 2011
AREA 51
Hi Guys,

A friend of mine is struggling to find a 5 season sleeping bag that is big enough to fit him.

Ideally he wants new or good used and at a reasonable price.

He is a bear of a man, 22" across the shoulder, 61" around the chest, 6' tall.

The British Army 90 Arctic Large didn't go anywhere near round him when he tried it yesterday which was a shame as it was £50 new. I may buy one though. :)

He has been quoted well over £200 for a Snugpak RE Antarctica with a 50cm expansion panel.

Are there any armies with surplus out there that do sleeping bags for their baby elephants? He'd like room to move in it too!

Suggestions please less the P*** taking unless you want the bear set on you. ;)

Ta.

welchyd1

Jan 4, 2011
Wirral, Merseyside
I paid less than 200 for my Re and expansion panel and can vouch for the comfort and warmness. Only issue is pack size, bulk and weight.

If he shops round Re was 134 and panel was 34.

Shewie

Mod
Mod
Dec 15, 2005
Yorkshire
Get him in a hammock and use quilts instead :)

Or just use a top quilt on the ground, I'd get a custom one made so it's plenty wide enough.

Countryman

Native
Jun 26, 2013
North Dorset
I have Coleman Hudson too and they are very good. He may have to back it up with thermals and a blanket!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE