Getting a zip added to an issue bivi bag

Oct 30, 2012
Eseex
Does anyone know where i can get a centre zip added to my XL goretex issue bivi bag? I have tried a few places local to me but the only shop that will do it has quoted me £40!!

Johnnyboy1971

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Dec 24, 2010
Yorkshire
Did mine myself but put it in the side. Used a zip from an old arctic bag and was pretty straight forward.
If you do add a zip you will loose the drawstring around the hood, unless you mod that too.

santaman2000

M.A.B (Mad About Bushcraft)
Jan 15, 2011
Florida
Center zip is more convenient. BUT! Do you really want the leaky spot (the zip) on the top of a goretex bivy bag?

Oct 30, 2012
Eseex
Thanks for the replies guys, I'll give endicotts a try but don't hold out much hope as it was a few years ago and they don't do the zipped bags anymore....

I haven't got access to a seeing machine and am hopeless with practical stuff like that, hence my request.....any other ideas gratefully received....

I'm not too fussed about the 'waterproofness' as it'll only be used under a basha anyway....

Johnnyboy1971

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Dec 24, 2010
Yorkshire
You sure its long enough?
have you decided on placement yet. Side left/right or centre.
Anyway the offer stands just let me know.

Oct 30, 2012
Eseex
You sure its long enough?
have you decided on placement yet. Side left/right or centre.
Anyway the offer stands just let me know.

I think so mate, centre I think, I don't want a full length one just one to make it easier to get in and out of. I'll take you up on that offer please mate....

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE