German rucksack

weekender

Feb 26, 2006
Cambridge
I've seen a German military Rucksack 80 litres I think made by MFH ?? Anyone have any experience of these, are they any good?

Adze

Native
Oct 9, 2009
Cumbria
www.adamhughes.net
Is it the same as this one?

http://flecktarn.co.uk/flrlb1ux.html

I bought one recently and it's excellent, the condition was almost like new.

The main advantages - it packs a lot of gear, is water resistant and has loads of different compartments, very comfortable and multi-adjustable shoulder straps, it's frameless.
The main disadvantages - the waist belt is narrow and not much cop, it's not the lightest on the market (nor the heaviest I suspect) harder to pack as it's frameless.

I've still not made my mind up about the lack of a frame, there is an internal bar you can grab hold of to aid packing/stuffing... price is very keen for a 60 litre sack.

Macaroon

A bemused & bewildered
Jan 5, 2013
SE Wales
Lowe alpine strike?! Just the same but cheaper and your getting good quality..

Plus 1 to this - I wouldn't dream of buying the one you linked to in preference to a LA Sting, which is tried and tested and broadly speaking accepted as one of the classic packs.

Johnnyboy1971

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Dec 24, 2010
Yorkshire
I love my sting and just loaded it for a weekend away. Don't even need the side pooches it holds that much kit.
FD236967-938C-4F53-932A-84DD0363E5B9-3346-0000052AC1F2C3DF_zps178716e8.jpg

Johnnyboy1971

Dec 24, 2010
Yorkshire
It was ok for shortish walks but on extended trips found it uncomfortable. Thing is not every pack will suit every wearer.
Good well made sack though and should last many many years.

Johnnyboy1971

Dec 24, 2010
Yorkshire
The front pouch is a Templar assault systems utility pouch that is molle fixing and the two side ones are maxpedition dump pouches. One holds my tarp and the other a nalgene bottle and tatonka mug.

Trying there out as when I use the proper side pooches I tend to fill them with gear I don't really need.

Sent from my HTC Desire S using Tapatalk 2

mr walloping

Mar 14, 2011
in my house
They are not that comfortable so i sold mine.Its the lack of frame and i dont always carry a sleeping mat to use as a back pad inside as this is the way the german army use it.

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE