Gerber applegate fairbarn mini covert

kungaryfu

Jan 3, 2012
dorset
Up for sale is an unused as new in box gerber mini covert with lifetime guarantee

As i understand it, these are quite hard to come by in the uk but i have just made a big purchase and need to raise some funds.

The action is very smooth and is a great flipper

Im looking for £30 all in inc paypal and postage to mainland uk

Any questions just ask

Must be over 18

Last edited:

kungaryfu

Jan 3, 2012
dorset
Sorry about the late reply, ive just cut and pasted this from a knife website, hopefully this helps

The Gerber Applegate Fairbairn knives were designed by the late Colonel Rex Applegate who designed the British Commando knife.
The mini covert combines the ease of one-hand opening with the uncommon durability and balance. Strength comes from high carbon surgical stainless steel blade with a textured glass filled nylon handle.
The Mini Covert is recognized by tactical units as one of the best knives for the job.
1/2 serrated 7cm long blade, overall length 17cm

BillyBlade

Settler
Jul 27, 2011
Lanarkshire
Rex Applegate didn't design the Sykes Fairbairn knife. The clue is in the name. He did however design another fighting knife, again in the dagger style, towards the end of WW2. This was due to the Americans not having a positive experience with the S/F design, although much of this was due to the way they were using the knife. For example, they complained of mistakenly slitting throats with the flat of the blade and not the sharp edge, despite this not being the way the knife was designed to be used for sentry take down.

The knife Applegate did design however is an excellent knife, and if you read Applegates own book on knife fighting, it explains why that design suited his knife fighting style.

The Gerber knife above is a lovely piece, and a better fighting tool than much of what has came to market in the 60 odd years since it's design.

kungaryfu

Jan 3, 2012
dorset
Rex Applegate didn't design the Sykes Fairbairn knife. The clue is in the name. He did however design another fighting knife, again in the dagger style, towards the end of WW2. This was due to the Americans not having a positive experience with the S/F design, although much of this was due to the way they were using the knife. For example, they complained of mistakenly slitting throats with the flat of the blade and not the sharp edge, despite this not being the way the knife was designed to be used for sentry take down.

The knife Applegate did design however is an excellent knife, and if you read Applegates own book on knife fighting, it explains why that design suited his knife fighting style.

The Gerber knife above is a lovely piece, and a better fighting tool than much of what has came to market in the 60 odd years since it's design.

Many thanks for the info mate :)

Macaroon

A bemused & bewildered
Jan 5, 2013
SE Wales

Lovely! Just what I wanted to know, the best knife for slitting throats; I feel my life has become the richer for this information.......................

BillyBlade

Settler
Jul 27, 2011
Lanarkshire
Lovely! Just what I wanted to know, the best knife for slitting throats; I feel my life has become the richer for this information.......................

If you find the Information objectionable, petition a forum moderator to remove it. It was not my intent to cause upset, merely to educate and recant an accurate history of the knife.

Macaroon

A bemused & bewildered
Jan 5, 2013
SE Wales
If you find the Information objectionable, petition a forum moderator to remove it. It was not my intent to cause upset, merely to educate and recant an accurate history of the knife.

No mate, you're right; it's just information and you've a perfect right to post it. Just me being precious, no offence meant nor taken :)

Riven

Dec 23, 2006
England
Back on track, great knife and have carried mine for several years. Small and light one handed opener.
Have a bump on me.
Riven.

kungaryfu

Jan 3, 2012
dorset
Back on track, great knife and have carried mine for several years. Small and light one handed opener.
Have a bump on me.
Riven.

Many thanks;)

Ps just realized ive gone past 100 posts........i think a little comp is in order when i get a little spare time

Last edited:

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE