GEC/ Tidioute scout knife

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

NatG

Settler
Apr 4, 2007
Southend On Sea
For sale is a lovely little tidioute scout knife. The blades are ( i believe) 1095 carbon steel and will age and patina beautifully over time. This knife is marked( much more discretely than many other knives) as a "final pattern production run" and it is number 82

open the knife measures approximately 170mm, neither the classic clip point nor the spey blade excede the 77mm limit for legal every day carry.

The handle is made from jigged charcoal water buffalo bone and has a lovely feel to it, both blades ahve backsprings which are very well tensioned- strong enough to be secure but not too powerful, the walk and talk on both is fantastic and the fit and finish as very high.

Knife has been used once to make a sandwhich and as such has the start of a wonderful patina, though after use the blades were thoroughly cleaned, there is no rust. There are light swirl marks on the polished bolsters from pocket carry.

This is a lovely knife with a historical feel, it doesn't suffer from the poor build quality, dodgy steel and garish etching of many other knives fo this style, but could definitely do with a sharpen. I'm only selling because i just traded into something rather lovely and i won't use this.

i've seen these go for between $80 and $100 and i feel that a fair price for this would be £40, including paypal, postage of choice and we'll split the cost.

am open to trades, nothing in particular.

Draven

Native
Jul 8, 2006
Scotland
Really wish I had the cash but I'm already on the verge of selling vital organs and it's only the second :eek:

Someone take it before I see how well I can self-operate with a mora? :p

Draven

Native
Jul 8, 2006
Scotland
got anything to trade? other than organs, god knows i abuse mine enough already!

Lol, don't think so, I'm afraid - my knives are £10 Moras and my axe was £3.99, not something to be offered for such a nice piece :p I honestly think the most expensive things I carry around other than my phone are my Zippos! Course I could offer a couple of those up if you were interested, since I'm quitting. :p

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE