gathering wild foods and fungi courses

L

lee22

are there any laws one needs to be aware of when out gathering wild foods. obviously having permission to be on the land intended for such activities is a must
also can anyone suggest a good course to take concerning wild mushrooms/fungi as this is something id like to learn alot more about
cheers
lee

xylaria

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
I don't know why ray mears et al always say you need land owners permission to forage, you don't. Under common law, if you are standing on land you have legal right to be, be it a public footpath, bridleway, commonland, canal paths you can forage fruit, fungi, flowers, and foliage, as long as you are not going to sell them. You can't legally lean over a hedge into a garden and steal some one's apples, or dig up a plant without permission. The land that has being opened up on the right to roam, and council parks are not covered by foraging rights.

L

lee22

I don't know why ray mears et al always say you need land owners permission to forage, you don't. Under common law, if you are standing on land you have legal right to be, be it a public footpath, bridleway, commonland, canal paths you can forage fruit, fungi, flowers, and foliage, as long as you are not going to sell them. You can't legally lean over a hedge into a garden and steal some one's apples, or dig up a plant without permission. The land that has being opened up on the right to roam, and council parks are not covered by foraging rights.

didnt know that it was pretty much an 'open' thing, usefull info that cheers. i knew about the parks and diggin up plants part as i work for a company that does ground maintenance for the local council. as for leaning into someones garden..well i know how id react to such behaviour
lee

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE