Gas conversion head

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

13rett

Jun 26, 2014
Leicestershire
I have just received a conversion head and a Gelert Apollo stove.I was wondering if anyone had tried one of there as I have no clue if it will work with the connection on my stove as it looks different to other stoves. At the moment I have no gas to just give it a go and don't want to waste money if i don't need to and it is my first time trying a gas stove. Any help or info appreciated.

url]

url]

Last edited:

Andy BB

Apr 19, 2010
Hampshire
THat looks like a conversion piece from those tubular gas cylinders used in the cheap camping stoves. Does the convertor fit onto your gelert connector? If so, then it should work with those gas cylinders.

13rett

Jun 26, 2014
Leicestershire
yea that's the idea it does fit I was just double checking didn't want to blow myself up and wasn't sure as the connection on my stove looks different to other stoves.

rik_uk3

Banned
Jun 10, 2006
south wales
Don't use it with the cheap Butane cylenders this time of year, Butane is as much use as a chocolate tea pot in colder months, keep it for next summer.

13rett

Jun 26, 2014
Leicestershire
Thanks for that think it will be a summer thing then it was more to save space than money to be honest but I have since found out that it will probably use more space using the cheap ones and not save that much money.

13rett

Jun 26, 2014
Leicestershire
I decided to try a butane battery can and see how I get on over the winter. Then maybe try converters over the summer. Thanks for all the advice.

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE