Gammon slices.

Tengu

Jan 10, 2006
Wiltshire
A stroke of luck.

I buy those `1kg for 99p` bacon pieces packs from the butchers in the market, normaly I avoid those with too much fat in, of course, but this time I found one with a big long strip of fat showing, I bought it on a hunch.

I was right, inside was 3 nice gammon steaks, a product which is normaly beyond my pocket.

so now I want a pineapple marinade...pineapple goes well with gammon, but putting a slice on top to my mind seems very lame.

any suggestions?

Shewie

Mod
Mod
Dec 15, 2005
Yorkshire
I`m more of a two fried eggs kind of guy Tengu, I think pineapple should be left for desert and not on top of a good gammon steak. I can`t stand the stuff on a pizza either.

Rich

bikething

May 31, 2005
West Devon, Edge of Dartymoor!
try poaching it in Cider, then remove the gammon and put it somewhere to keep wam..

boil the cider down and add double cream to thicken it up to make a sauce to pour over the gammon. serve with mash with a spoonfull of french mustard stirred into it :D

Shewie

Mod
Mod
Dec 15, 2005
Yorkshire
try poaching it in Cider, then remove the gammon and put it somewhere to keep wam..

boil the cider down and add double cream to thicken it up to make a sauce to pour over the gammon. serve with mash with a spoonfull of french mustard stirred into it :D

Now that does sound good, what time`s tea bikething I`m on my way

Rich

Tadpole

Nov 12, 2005
Bristol
cook up a thinly sliced onion, till they are all stringy and brown, add the fruit juice from a small tin of pineapple, cook on a low heat till the juice has almost gone, when that is done cook the gammon.
In a clean frying pan cook one pineapple slice on a high heat till it smokes turn over and do the same for the other side. place on top of the gammon and pile the onions on top eat...

scanker

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Aug 15, 2005
Cardiff, South Wales
Try mixing a tsp of honey with a tsp of mustard and spreading that on either side. As you fry it, it sort of gloops up and goes all sticky.

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE