Gamekeeping (or similar) Jobs in Norway / Finland?

Jul 12, 2012
Liverpool
Evening all,

Here is the situation, I have a National Diploma in Countryside Management and Gamekeeping and I feel like a career change from what I do now (IT), I know we have a few Norwegian and Finish members on the forum and people who know the country's quite well and was wondering if you can point me in the right direction if I was to look for work in Gamekeeping or Countryside management.

Thanks for looking, Chris.

Dreadhead

Bushcrafter through and through
im looking for the same thing in norway. got a countryside management degree and will be spending atleast 2 years over there working on farms, trekking, and gaining experience in any way possible. and i already speak norwegian so its just a case of finding the jobs really! thanks for the link steffen

Steffen

Forager
Jun 13, 2010
Norway
njff.no(norwegian hunter and angler association) might have something of interest.
other than that it might be something at the normal job sites like nav.no or finn.no

Martti

Mar 12, 2011
Finland
The best job you will going to get in Finland for not speaking Finnish is one in the cleaning business... There are no gamekeepers in Finland but it is up to local hunter's associations to feed the deers and other southern animals that would otherwise die of hunger. Most of the restoration work done in national parks are also done in local level by municipalities by hiring unemployed workers. I would the best change landing a job would be those who have experience in forest business.

susi

Nomad
Jul 23, 2008
Finland
Martti is absolutely right. The jobs available for non-Finnish* speakers tend to be either senior management positions, technical experts or cleaners. Whilst there is theoretically "free movement of workers" within the EU, you can still only visit Finland for 3 months (as a "tourist") before you need a residence permit. They will only issue a residence permit if you have a "reason to reside", e.g. an employment contract, being married to a Finn, etc. For most, this means you have to convince someone to give you a job contract, knowing thay they will need to wait whilst your residence permit is approved before you can actually start work.

* Finland's second official language is Swedish and about 5% of Finns have Swedish as their mother tongue. These people tend to be concentrated around the W/SW/S coasts. In these areas you can survive without Finnish, but the other rules regarding residence permits still apply.

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE