G96 knifes

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

Sickboy

Nomad
Sep 12, 2005
London
Anybody had any experiance with the G96 brand knives, a brief discription to jog your memories as i havnt got a camera that works at the moment.
Japanese rustproof steel blade (?!), black square block handle with orange and steel banding on the guard and butt, full tang.
My dad has had one for as long as i can remember (20 something years) with a 3 inch blade (model930), lives at the stables now (carrys a folding Buck), the quality is superb and used it myself in scouts for many years.
Then it happened in the local gunshop, the unmistakable colour of the handle jumped out from the knife cabinet full of rambo clones, folders and machetes, had to have it, would have paid anything to get my mitts on it, same shape but the 940 model with a 5 inch upswept hunting blade, have used it on every trip since, a real companion, just wish the blade was about 4 inches long but i've learnt to work with it now. Best £45 i've ever spent!!!!
Point being has anybody else seen one for sale? the one i bought is the only one i've seen other than my dads! Have found a even larger model (860 i think) on a website in the states, looks like a small machete, but they won't post outside the states for some reason, so the cogs are in motion to aquire it anyways ;) .
The G96 brand was bought out in the mid-late 90's and now only makes gun cleaning equipment. Sorry for the lack off photo, but any clues/info on my search for more of these knives will be rewarded in liquid kind :Wow:

zackerty

Nomad
Dec 16, 2004
Christchurch...New Zealand
G96 was a company that had other people make their products, especially the knives...I have a small lockback folder, black Pakkawood scales, nickel silver bolsters. Steel is probably 440A, at a guess.
I will post a pic if you want?
They did knives for Boeing reps, BTW...

Their gun oils are superb, and I use the one that smells like aftershave lotion :)

Ravenn

Jan 13, 2005
Central, Ky,USA
G-96 was owned by the Jet Aer Corp. The made Buck clones in Stainless, and were good solid dependable tools. The also made a short run of three knives that were full tang, thin bladed drop points, with Rosewood scales in 4",5" and 6" blades. Alot of bang for the buck

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE