Funny Hennessy

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

Mastino

Settler
Mar 8, 2006
Netherlands
Today I went to my favourite ArmyNavy shop and found a Hennessy hammock (de luxe size & extra strong fabric, camo & snakeskins) for 17 euro. It practically new & undamaged! The funny thing is that it is obviously part some military contract because...... it has an integral holster in it! So now I can sleep with my handgun at my side:lmao:

Obviously there is something wrong and the good soldier that dumped it in the shop was smart enough to keep the canopy for himself... So if anyone knows where I can buy a canopy in the UK or NL I would be very gratefull.

I'm also curious if somebody else did ever saw such a hammok with an integral holster.

squantrill

Nomad
Mar 28, 2008
The Never lands!
www.basiclife.eu
You can get the tarps off the henessy site for about 60 dollars if you cant get one maybe build your own if you really cant get one then let me know i have one here as I want to get a larger model make me an offer and I might consider getting rid of the one I have

As the HH tarps are made to fit the hammock, some people don't get on with them and replace them.

I believe you can retro-fit a USMC 3m x 3m tarp (available in camo to match) - as this tarp has a webbing ridgeline built in, all it needs is a bit of paracord on each end of the ridge to attach prussic-style to the HH hammock ropes.

This set-up would also give you a lot more room to shelter & work in poorer weather - a set-up I have been considering for a while now.

I hope this helps.

Mastino

Settler
Mar 8, 2006
Netherlands
Mastino
I changed the original HH asym tarp for their Hex fly (much bigger coverage). So if you can't get sorted or want a little used original fly let me know.
Alan

Thanks Humpback, as a matter of fact I have a Nordisk hex fly and this weekend I'm going to try some set-up's. Otherwise I'll fall back on the trusty Tatonka.

squantrill

Nomad
Mar 28, 2008
The Never lands!
www.basiclife.eu
Thanks Humpback, as a matter of fact I have a Nordisk hex fly and this weekend I'm going to try some set-up's. Otherwise I'll fall back on the trusty Tatonka.

As long as the tarp covers the ends by a foot or so it should work ok, I find that the standard tarp is much to small its very windy and cold!! and there is no coverage for sitting outside in the rain. You can increase it a little by tying back the hammock. My opinion is this tarp is ok in the summer solo camping anything else you need something a bit bigger. Good luck with your pursuit

Simon

ddokkum

Forager
Feb 16, 2007
The Netherlands
I had a mega deal at marwi, i bought the last 3 remaining hammocks and also 2 brand new ajungilak tyin winter sleepingbags and a carinthia "defence 4" with a matching "tropen" sleeping bag for only 220 euro's. so all in all i had a really great deal.

Jan 15, 2005
Slovakia
Hi,

they have very interesting things on http://www.marwiarmystore.nl/, but i can´t contact them :( The contact formular has a broken link or somenthing :confused: and i can´t find their e-mail adress anywhere. So, if someone has their e-mail adress, I would be very thankfull.

And sorry for my english :rolleyes:

Mastino

Settler
Mar 8, 2006
Netherlands
Hi Adno,

Indeed a broken link, try to SMS them thru the mobile number +31 6 50231359 and ask them theit e-mail. Don't do it this week because they're closed, I was there on saturday and they told me so.

Alternatively try to pm DDokkum, maybe he has the e-mail adres.

Cheers

Thijzzz

Nomad
Jan 8, 2007
The Netherlands
Well, I was there today and had them put aside 4 hammocks for me....they had to snatch it out of DDokkum's hands :D

I have put them up aside my Explorer Deluxe: they are lengthwise ca. 20 cm shorter, so about the same size as the Scout model.

The 4 I bought were a mix: some in good, but used state, some had some repairs done or some small defects, like missing prussikhooks for the fly, etc. But all in all a good deal.

Thanks Mastino for the heads-up!

PS: for alle other interested ppl: sometimes they have 'm, sometimes they don't. Advice: call. Mind you: their shop is separate from the warehouse, so ask them if they have any left there as well. that's how I got my 4.

RAPPLEBY2000

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Dec 2, 2003
England
I bought a brand new "standard" Hennasey with fly for £10 at my local surplus store a few years ago though i think it was priced up wrong!

I found you can use any tarp or poncho as a fly if you hang it the same way (opposite corners).

i used an aussie tarp for ages with more sucsess, and eventually got rid of the origional fly.

ddokkum

Forager
Feb 16, 2007
The Netherlands
Hahaha Thijs, Carla the owner of the shop dropped them into my order by mistake.
I bought a brand new Carinthia explorer 2 bivibag for 120 euro and 1 hennesy hammock for 20 euros. For those who want the have a great sleeping bag there still is a Carinthia Defence 4 with Tropen liner for 95 euros. Great price for a great sleeping bag. Have fun with the hammocks.

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE