FS: 'oakleaf' handmade leather strop

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

Toadflax

Native
Mar 26, 2007
Oxfordshire
This is a handmade leather strop, made from 3.5mm veg-tan leather, with a solid brass D-ring at one end (to hold in your hand) and a paracord loop at the other (e.g. to hook over a branch). Size (approx) 1.25" by 12".

strop_06.jpg

It is dyed and waxed dark brown on one side with a hand tooled oakleaf panel, the other side left untreated for stropping. Perhaps the strength of the oak will enhance the sharpness of your knife blade when you sharpen your knife using this strop. :rolleyes:

strop_07.jpg

SOLD £10 delivered (i.e. free P&P) to UK. Payment by PayPal (PM for details). Cheque would also be OK, but I'd need to wait for it to clear.

Thanks for looking.

Geoff

Last edited:

bigandy

Nomad
Mar 4, 2010
horwich lancashire
the wife's in one as something else came through the post for me!!!
arrived and looking good now to get the knives out that she does nt know about and get sharpening!!

thanks andy

Toadflax

Native
Mar 26, 2007
Oxfordshire
you gonna make anymore of these? im after a strop and that looks lovely

Certainly can. I'm just doing one as a commission for someone else, but if you have any requests for piccies, I can see what I can do (not all pictures may be suitable for leather carving). I tend to doodle a bit and make up whatever takes my fancy on the day I make it.

Here's a few more examples:

strop_03.jpg

strop_04.jpg

strop_05.jpg

strop_08.jpg

Geoff

Toadflax

Native
Mar 26, 2007
Oxfordshire
Should be possible, I'd already wondered about various UK flags. Let me do one and post some piccies, then you can have first refusal on it.

I'm doing a sheath at the moment, so it will probably be a week or so before I get onto this.

Geoff

Toadflax

Native
Mar 26, 2007
Oxfordshire
Here it is in the making.

First, the raw leather after tooling...

strop_10.jpg

...and a prototype I made last night to see how it worked.

strop_11.jpg

Geoff

TJRoots

Nomad
Jul 16, 2009
East sussex
that looks perfect! I'll definately take that off your hands if you still want to sell it. drop me a PM with your payment details when its done :)

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE