FS - Hand Forge Steel Striker

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

Silverhill

Maker
Apr 4, 2010
Derbyshire
It's been an absolute age coming, but I've finally got around to becoming a 'maker' and thus I have for sale one steel striker;

optimizedimgp2640.jpg

The striker was crafted from 0-1 carbon steel, and forged into the basic 'shepherds crook' style before being quenched, normalised and quenched again. This particular striker has been given the once over resulting in the lower relief areas being darker than the more prominent areas which are of course, polished to a brushed finish. The overall dimensions of the striker are 11cm long by 5cm wide, with the gap for the hand between the crook and bar being just under 2.5 cm at its narrowest and just over 2.5cm at its widest. Most importantly, it throws good, long lasting sparks!:cool:

optimizedimgp2646.jpg

I'll include a piece of flint and a small bag of charcloth to get you started, £12 to your door with paypal as a gift please :)

If you're not keen on the shape, I can do C-shaped strikers, or ones to your design (subject to my limited skills in translation:lmao:). I've a decent stock of old files as well, if you prefer the rustic/recycled effect.

Edit: Title should read 'Forged' not Forge.

Last edited:

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE