FS: Bahco Laplander hand tooled leather sheath

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

Toadflax

Native
Mar 26, 2007
Oxfordshire
This is a hand made leather sheath for a Bahco Laplander folding saw.

The sheath is made from 3.5mm veg-tan leather, hand tooled (with each of the 750 or so 'teeth' having been stamped by hand), coloured with mahogany dye and finished with Resolene (which gives it a beautiful 'old leather' patina). Seam is hand stitched with linen thread.

It has a solid brass rectangle to attach the sheath to the belt loop, which is itself secured by two brass press-studs, to allow easy removal of the sheath without undoing the belt.

sheath_09a.jpg

sheath_09b.jpg

sheath_09c.jpg

sheath_09d.jpg

SOLD Price: £35 to include free recorded delivery. Note price is for the SHEATH ONLY and DOES NOT include the saw.

Payment by Paypal (either as a gift /personal payment, or you pick up the fees) or cheque (though I'd need to wait for the cheque to clear before dispatching).

Please send me a PM if you are interested or have any questions.

Thanks for looking.

Geoff

Last edited:

Hugo

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Nov 29, 2009
Lost in the woods
That looks real nice Toadflax, the tooling is very impressive.
I was going to make one but yours is very tempting.

plastic-ninja

Jan 11, 2011
cumbria
I'm very tempted Geoff but SWMBO is going to flip when she finds out I've bought 2 knives this year already.
I need to shrink my kit rather than increase it.
Tis a damn fine piece of work though................
Simon

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE