FS: 12ft x 12ft heavy canvas "Eric Methven"tarp

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

rancid badger

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
I have decided to part with this beauty, as I've never used it in anger and probably wont in future.

It's a beautifully custom made, heavy canvas tarp,sewn by Eric Methven, (with a little help from me!) with 16, equally spaced attachment loops around the edges and 3 across the middle.
(Apologies once more, for the carpy photo's, I've no idea whats going on with the camera at the moment:togo:)

P7090013.jpg

P7090012.jpg

P7090010.jpg

P7090009.jpg

In this photo, its obviously folded up and measures apx: 24" x 14" x 4" there are of course other ways to fold/roll it up.
P7090014.jpg

everything about this tarp is heavy duty, all the attachment points are reinforced and the whole thing is extremely strong.The canvas appears to be a similar weight ( per sq metre) as the issue 9x9,12x12 tentage.

The only drawback is the weight! I'm not certain what it actually weighs but it must be around 12-15kgs.I'll find out when I come to sort out the p+p!:yikes:

It's designed to be used when canoeing or as a base camp shelter, so it's not suited to backpacking, even if you are built like a brick sxxt house!;)

It's picked up a few marks, the odd grass stain, paw print etc but overall, it's in almost new condition. The strong white, will mature with use, to a soft, smokey cream ( apparently) but not with the use I can give it.

I've no idea if you could actually buy anything like this commercially:confused:
I suspect you would have to have one made up.I'd say it may be unique but don't quote me!:cool:

I'm looking for £110 for this please, plus the delivery at cost.( I'll check this out asap)I'm happy for you to pick it up, if you're passing too.

Cheques/postal orders or paypal if you pick up the fee's

thanks for looking

R.B.

jamalex

Jan 27, 2010
Halifax
Hi Mr Badger

How did you set it up? Rope between trees, or some pole system?

I've been looking for a smallish shelter to use with our canvas bell tent for a 6 month tour round the UK. This sounds good, but possibly too heavy to setup without serious poles?

Thanks
Alex

rancid badger

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
The only time it's been set up using poles, was when it was first made, we took two birch saplings and set them up like an 'A' frame and three corners of the tarp were pegged, while the other was tied to the 'X' point of the poles and guyed out. It made a hell of a good shelter like this, particularly with the fire out front.:camping:

Otherwise I have set it up like a normal tarp, with a rope through the ridge loops and then guyed out. You can also set it up like a lean to, with a vertical, drop down wall at the back and an awning effect at the front.

I toyed with the idea of getting a couple of 2" x 7-8ft long, forked ash poles and then using these as poles but have never gotten round to it.
Commercial tarp/bivvy poles, certainly would not be strong enough.

It IS heavy but its designed to last and take a lot of punishment too.;)

cheers

R.B.

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE