Frontier stove

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

wickedwillow

Dec 29, 2010
malvern
Some people need to address the carbon monoxide issue, My son 18 has just completed a two week work placement at west midlands safari park and was lucky to staying next door on his own in the scout campsite with permission.
He has been using a Bergans 8 man lavvo with a Frontier stove and home made cowl. He loved it no drips or tar deposits no problems at all just the sound of lion and hippo roaring at night sending him to sleep.
My point is with a little guidance an 18 year old can do it, so can you.

Jjessup

May 15, 2013
Essex
Great stoves, but as said before not really for backpacking. 10kg for the stove would probably weigh the same as a trangia and 2 gallons of meths. I have used mine in a 4m bell tent, and it's got uncomfortably warm when I've really got it going. I don't think I would use it in anything much smaller. A CO monitor won't do any harm, but I'd pass on the smoke detector, as until the chimney warms up and it starts to draw well, you can get a bit of smoke out the front at the start.

ateallthepies

Native
Aug 11, 2011
hertfordshire
I have used a meths burner in my Lavvu and it's adequate for heating. I also have run a Paraffin lantern which both heats and lights the tent although the heating is much less than the Alcohol burner.

I had concerns about Carbon Monoxide so took my Co alarm into the tent and did some tests and it never registered as in this vid I did a while back...

http://youtu.be/H5jAbs2hhNg

treadlightly

Jan 29, 2007
Powys
I have a Frontier and have been inside a Polish poncho tent. I would say the Frontier is way too big for that space.
As for carrying it, well it weighs 10kg, the flue sections fit into the main chamber and it has a carry handle. Easy enough to carry it but obviously not suitable for hiking.

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE