From the Kitmountain Part Deux

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

plastic-ninja

Jan 11, 2011
cumbria
Once I had breached the North Face of the kitmountain I hit another seam of kit that SWMBO would love to see the back of.PayPal preferred but may be open to swaps for leather tools , veg tan leather & knife making bits.
I doubt that I'm going to be able to justify keeping the stuff below as I never use it so:

1. Elwell medium sized axe.Face is 4" Head is 7" and 27" overall.Head weighs 2 3/4 lbs and is stamped ELWELL 2 3/4.It is in good condition and is very sharp.
The haft is stamped Edward Elwell Wednesbury and appears to be the original.There are a couple of superficial scratches near the head but it is sound and very tight
with a wooden wedge.No metal wedge on this one.The GB equivalent I'd guess would be the Scandi Forest Axe.I have only used it a couple of times and it is a great
tool to use.Light enough to swing all day but enough clout to take a small tree down and process it easily.I have honed it but no files or stones needed. (I shall LIE about contents this time at PO) NOW £45 INC PAYPAL AND POSTAGE

2.Collins complete British Wild Flowers.Nice book in very good condition.Paperback. £4 all inc.

3.Chris Ryan's Ultimate Survival Guide.Appalling TEOTWAKI Rambo style cover but the info inside is mostly very sound.Much overlaps with Lofty's book but there is good info and lots of detail and diagrams on fire
shelter , traps and medicine.Plus two good chapters on Getting Found and on Getting Lost.It's a good read but I already have a copy.This one in mint condition.Hardback + dustjacket £4.50 all inc.

4.Mountain cap in the Lowe Alpine style by Kotte.I bought it in Switzerland but it's a little tight for my huge head (61cm).Waterproof shell with wired peak and fleece lining.Warm and dry.It is adjustable for more
human style braincases by means of a velcro/elastic fastening at the back. In this season's must-have colourway Purple.Lining Navy. NOW SOLD

5. Collapsible water bottle from Cotswold.Unopened and unused with a baby carabiner to fasten to pack or belt.Holds 400ml comfortably.I have two but one has no packaging. £3 each ONE LEFT

6. Simmons Bore Sighter.Bought for me last year by my Dad to help me zero the scopes on my two air rifles.Unfortunately it wont fit either of them due to their strange designs ; Walther/Hammerli
Field Target and a Logun.They both have unusual barrel configuration so I kept it as was toying with the idea of getting another rifle.It is easy to set up and use on a regular air-rifle or on a regular firearm
and will fit calibres from .177 to a staggering .50. Should cover most collections I'd have thought! Mint condition , complete in case and box. £25 all inc.
NOW SOLD SUBJECT TO FUNDS

Pics here.Back to front as usual! http://s1088.beta.photobucket.com/user/plastic-ninja/library/

For sharp stuff be prepared to prove you are over 18 please.
There is now a part 3.
Cheers , Simon

Last edited:

Chiseller

Bushcrafter through and through
Oct 5, 2011
West Riding
That ewell is alot better looking than my mates .....
za5y2e7a.jpg

u8e8ysyv.jpg

He just doesn't care :eek: :lmao:

Some nice stuff there ninja. Good luck :thumbup:

plastic-ninja

Jan 11, 2011
cumbria
Jiffi.
As long as your rifle is standard design like most guns , ie barrel on top , the boresight will work fine.
Mine didn't fit because the barrels on both of them are set low in the stock which meant that the scope was unable to catch the sighter to get the zero mark.
What kind of rifle do you have?
Simon

Have a look at the photos on the bucket.One has the instructions sheet.If your rifle looks like that one it will work.

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE