Freeze Dried Meals

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

TeeDee

Nov 6, 2008
Exeter
Cheers for the Update Martyn ,I remember you had one. Shame you could only get a dribble out of it.

TeeDee

Nov 6, 2008
Exeter

rik_uk3

Banned
Jun 10, 2006
south wales
£8 is OTT for me to be honest (and I could afford them), certainly for the UK where re-supply is never an issue. You should be able to put together 48 hours of rations without the weight killing you and before you need a re-supply.

Martyn, sounds like you may be loosing pressure somewhere, or not gaining pressure in the first place?

Martyn

Bushcrafter through and through
Aug 7, 2003
staffordshire
www.britishblades.com
Cheers for the Update Martyn ,I remember you had one. Shame you could only get a dribble out of it.

Actually this thread just motivated me to give it another go and it seems to be OK now. It's not a stellar flow rate, but it's a lot better than it was - must've been air-locked or something. You also have to be wary of mold and mildew growing on the filter fibres. Once wetted, you have to keep the filters in good working condition by regularly using them and washing them.

TeeDee

Nov 6, 2008
Exeter
Actually this thread just motivated me to give it another go and it seems to be OK now. It's not a stellar flow rate, but it's a lot better than it was - must've been air-locked or something. You also have to be wary of mold and mildew growing on the filter fibres. Once wetted, you have to keep the filters in good working condition by regularly using them and washing them.

Glad to hear Its improved , some what at least.

Considering the cost , would their be any chance of you doing some vid footage and uploading it so we can see the output?

Martyn

Bushcrafter through and through
Aug 7, 2003
staffordshire
www.britishblades.com
Just wondering at what price people here say 'No' to light weight Hiking food, regardless of the quality and taste??
I suppose it depends on how far I have to walk carrying the stuff and how often I do it. Most of the time I'm not far from a vehicle so it's not an issue. They do taste very good though - doubly so when you're damp, cold and hungry. Nothing worse than forcing down cheap, manky dried food that has been badly rehydrated just in the interests of consuming warm calories ...and by contrast, a nice tasting, hot meal is bliss. Under those circumstances, I think £5 to £7 per meal is reasonable. I couldn't afford to eat em regularly, but I dont regularly hike long distances, while carrying all my food either.

Considering the cost , would their be any chance of you doing some vid footage and uploading it so we can see the output?
If I get time, I'll see what I can do, but I've a back log of todo's stacking up and a long run of shifts at work. It might be a while.

cwillson

Forager
Jul 14, 2007
Cotswolds
Pack'n'go expedition foods are ace! The Shepherds pie one was amazing, as was the thai noodles and chilli con carne. They come in regular and fat pig size (my favourite!) and are just the thing for the end of a hard day backpacking on the fells. :)

zarkwon

Nomad
Mar 23, 2010
West Riding, Yorkshire
Ordered 3 Turmat meals and some trail mix yesterday from Outdoors Grub and arrived today (with a free rocky bar to boot). Look excellent, can't wait to go out next week and try them. I'm off to make a pouch cosy.

mikeybear

Forager
Feb 15, 2010
UK
I've tried the Pack'n go ones an found them to be very good , I bought the bigger size as they weren't that much more for 50% more. and you could always split a pack in two , for a smaller meal (not very likely when I'm outdoors ).

Has anyone tried the Trek'n eat meals ? I note they do "real" two portion meals in their range for 50% more money.

MB

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE