Fox?

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.
May 25, 2006
Canada
www.freewebs.com
swagman said:
Lets be truthfull i bet no one on this forum has ever rearly been hungrey there
is no reason for anyone to eat any exsotic animal or a fox.
Foxes have been persicuted for years for no good reason . We kill foxes who kill the birds we bread to kill for so called sport.

5 days no food, 5 days no water, constantly dancing and having bloodletting done to me while I prayed for my people... believe me, people here have been hungry... I was willing to eat dog scat in the end of it..

May 25, 2006
Canada
www.freewebs.com
Geoffrey_Bubbles said:
Appologies if this has been asked before, but why don't I hear about people eating fox?

Just occured to me for some reason yesterday when I was talking to a freind about shooting rabbits and he said he'd had a fox in his garden christmas eve night.

As far as I'm aware they are still hunted as vermin?

So why don't we eat them like we'd eat a rabbit?

Geoff

Dog meat is very lean and tough. Coyote and wolf are edible, but not very worthwhile., usually given to the sled dogs.

swagman

Nomad
Aug 14, 2006
Tasmania
OzaawaaMigiziNini said:
5 days no food, 5 days no water, constantly dancing and having bloodletting done to me while I prayed for my people... believe me, people here have been hungry... I was willing to eat dog scat in the end of it..

I dont know your circumstance but i guss what i was getting at is the guys in the uk and me included dont know what being hungry is.
Forgive my ignorance what is bloodletting?.

Rob

bushtank

Nomad
Jan 9, 2007
king lynn
fox is just totally rank and i would not recomend to anyone.give it some garlic give it some onion and tomato it will still taste rank to me:yuck:

Feygan

Forager
Oct 14, 2006
Northern Ireland
Just found a way of making it tasty on fergus's site. www.wildmanwildfood.co.uk

Pan Boiled Fox (serves 6-8)

This recipe is inspired by my Greek friend's father who cooked wild
mountain goat using this (Ikarian) method. The flavour is extremely
similar to fox. So, as you can see, very occasionally - and in the
interest of research - I have tasted non-roadkill meat!

INGREDIENTS (all approximate measurements)
2 large onions roughly chopped
Boned or still-on-the-bone legs of one medium to large fox (cut into 8
pieces if still on the bone)
6 medium sized carrots (cut into thick inch long batons)
6 medium sized courgettes (cut into thick inch and a half long batons)
(with flowers if available)
1 tea cup olive oil
2 bay leaves
4-6 whole pepper corns
2-3 pieces of allspice
2-3 lemons
2 large eggs
Sea salt (fairly liberal amounts) and ground black pepper
Water

METHOD

In a large saucepan gently brown the onions in olive oil. Add the meat and cook in the onion/oil mix for a few minutes. Add the bay leaves, allspice, pepper corns, salt, ground pepper,juice of one lemon, carrots and a few cups of water to the pan. Cover with a lid and simmer for half an hour stirring occasionally. Add the courgettes. Add more water if necessary. Cook for about another half-hour at a slow but steady boil.

Beat the eggs and mix with remaining lemon juice. Gradually ladle off all the hot cooking liquor from the pan and carefully beat it in with the eggs.

Return to pan. Serve with hunks of good rustic bread to soak up the juices.

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE