Four leaf clover

Opal

Native
Dec 26, 2008
Liverpool
Am I gonna win the lottery t'nght? sitting on the bench in the garden in work early this evening, for a second I thought of a four leaf clover, looked down between the table slats and spotted one. My colleague said it was good luck so I'm expecting to book a Thomson Gold holiday later.
icon10.gif

Toddy

Mod
Mod
Jan 21, 2005
S. Lanarkshire
My bother found an entire plant growing four leaves during the school holidays one Summer. He charged sixpence each and made a fortune from our neighbours that year.......it was certainly lucky for him :D

Best of luck with the lottery :cool:

cheers,
Toddy

Opal

Native
Dec 26, 2008
Liverpool
Just read up on it, it's reckoned every 10,000th one is a four leafer, I'll be happy with £10,000 then.
icon10.gif

Mang

Settler
I found a plant as a kid too and charged 10 pence (is that more or less than sixpence??) and blow me if it didn't produce a five leaf clover! I have also been shown a plant in a churchyard which produces them so I laminated one and presented it to Bear Grylls as a good luck charm when I met him at his induction to the role of chief scout.

calibanzwei

Settler
Jan 7, 2009
Warrington, UK
I have two of them , never looked for one both times i found one i was just sat down looked down and it was there :) I dont have much luck though still nice to have though
Hope you win the lottery though

The Ex also had that uncanny ability....she just had a feeling, looked down and there they were. She found three within a 4 your period; Yorkshire, Luxemburg and Hungary.

Sainty

Nomad
Jan 19, 2009
St Austell
I found a plant as a kid too and charged 10 pence (is that more or less than sixpence??) and blow me if it didn't produce a five leaf clover! I have also been shown a plant in a churchyard which produces them so I laminated one and presented it to Bear Grylls as a good luck charm when I met him at his induction to the role of chief scout.

Sixpence is 2 1/2 new pence. So, four times more than sixpence. Sounds like you had an entrepreneurial instinct as a kid. :D

Martin

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE