Forest

seved

Maker
Dec 10, 2007
Sweden
www.sevedsknivar.se
This is a new modell i have made. I call it Forest, becouse its as near a perfect woodsknife you can get, if you ask me. But thats different from from user to user i gues. :)
Bladelegnth: 155 mm
OAL: 265 mm
Steel is 3,5 mm AEB-L
It weigh 200 gram with Desert Ironwood scales.

Forest3.gif

Forest4.gif

Forest5.gif

Forest7.gif

Forest6.gif

Forest8.gif

Seved

Jimmy Bojangles

Forager
Sep 10, 2011
Derbyshire
Very nice indeed! :)

I'd love to hear what led you to this design and how it compares to the more traditional knife designs. I've been working out what my perfect knife would be like and have come up with a not dissimilar design.

Atb

Mat

seved

Maker
Dec 10, 2007
Sweden
www.sevedsknivar.se
Thank you Mat :D .

Oh so you agree with me there. :D Well i could use one with hidden tang, but fulltang is a little stronger.
I like fullflat grinds, becouse its a little more allround. I like a little longer blade, you can chopp smal bushes and such with it, and i kind of like to carv with a little longre blades, not small sculpture maybe, but bushcraft things :D . I realy like this handle design to, you get a good grip with it. Maybe i would like a little thicker blade. I will test one in 5,5 mm thick Vanadin 4 steel, soon. and put up on Youtube.

Seved

Jimmy Bojangles

Forager
Sep 10, 2011
Derbyshire
Thank you Mat :D .

Oh so you agree with me there. :D Well i could use one with hidden tang, but fulltang is a little stronger.
I like fullflat grinds, becouse its a little more allround. I like a little longer blade, you can chopp smal bushes and such with it, and i kind of like to carv with a little longre blades, not small sculpture maybe, but bushcraft things :D . I realy like this handle design to, you get a good grip with it. Maybe i would like a little thicker blade. I will test one in 5,5 mm thick Vanadin 4 steel, soon. and put up on Youtube.

Seved

That's very much my thoughts, a bushcraft knife but a little longer for slashing, battoning, etc. I'm thinking if a 125mm blade, and I think you've convinced me to go for a full flat grind, as that'll also help keep the weight down.

I look forward to seeing your knife in action. :)

Mat

seved

Maker
Dec 10, 2007
Sweden
www.sevedsknivar.se
Oh great then we are two :D . Yes i would be very happy in the bush with it. Yes 125 mm bladelegnth is good to. But as you say, with full flatgrind you can hold down the weight. On this one you have the balance point betven tha last screw and the handle finish.

Yes i hope i can start with it soon. Vanadin 4 is a nice powdersteel from Uddeholm. :D

Seved

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE