Forces Rucksack Size

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

BoDuke

Apr 9, 2012
Plymouth
I am looking to replace my old 35 litre rucksack with a larger one possibly a Forces one.

2questions:

1. What size should I be looking at for typical 10 mile per day hikes with an overnight stay?

2. Are Forces rucksacks any good or should I be looking elsewhere for sacks of the same kind of budget?

Thanks.

Kepis

Jul 17, 2005
Sussex
I've used a Forces 33 as a day pack for some time and mine is still going strong and they are fairly comfortable (im 6ft), before that i had the 25L one and i found that a bit too small, the 33 fits the bill well most of the time, im thinking about getting the 44 when this one eventually expires, which isn't going to be soon, as i find the 33, especially in the winter when you are carrying extra clothing, can be a bit small, but that also depends on what you are carrying i suppose.

For the money i don't think you can really go that wrong to be honest, just don't expect to get Sabre quality because you wil be disappointed, i did a write up on my Forces 33 here http://kepisbushcraft.blogspot.co.uk/2011/12/highlander-forces-33-day-pack.html

Macaroon

A bemused & bewildered
Jan 5, 2013
SE Wales
I agree with Kepis all the way, these just can't be beat for the money - my 33 has carried timber, fish, game, rabbits and even stone for 2 yrs now, and it's pretty much the same now as when I bought it.
I've paid a lot more for packs that've looked the biz., only to prove rubbish on the first trip..............highly recommended for the dosh!.....................atb mac

Barn Owl

Old Age Punk
Apr 10, 2007
Ayrshire
Great packs in my opinion, for what you want 44,55 or 66 depending on what you carry but remember it's better to have extra space than not.

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE