For those DIY people that like a nice tool box.

Toddy

Mod
Mod
Jan 21, 2005
S. Lanarkshire
Beautiful :D really, it is....I'd never manage to keep it tidy though :eek: and what if you changed your mind ? and wanted different tools ?
Lovely thing though :cool:

Thank you for the link :)

cheers,
M

mousey

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Jun 15, 2010
NE Scotland
That is really interesting and a nice use of space. Good that everything has a place as long as you put it back - I could really do with something like that but on the scale of a shed perhaps....

Macaroon

A bemused & bewildered
Jan 5, 2013
SE Wales
If you have tools of that quality they don't break, and for that specific a craftsman you don't need anything new, you've got all you could ever want there and of the highest quality. People with that kind of skill and at that time made a lot of their own tools, or certainly were capable of it.

My father did a seven year apprenticeship as a joiner/coachmaker, and the first two years were comprised of making two toolboxes and then all the tools to go in them, metalwork, woodwork, from the ground up. He was thus equipped with all the skills needed to learn his trade and all the tools to last him a lifetime in that trade. One of my brothers has both boxes and still uses the tools on restoration work when it comes along :)

demographic

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Apr 15, 2005
-------------
If you have tools of that quality they don't break.

Try dropping a cast iron bodied handplane onto a concrete floor and say that. Might be OK or it might crack. Plus tools wear out and replacements aren't always the exact same dimensions.

Saying that I love that tool box, its stunning and will have taken him a long time to design and make. I bet there was a number of prototypes and I bet he still had anothet toolbox kicking about, there's always some tool that won't fit into a box.

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE