For sale: Three Old Hickory knives

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

Stew

Bushcrafter through and through
Nov 29, 2003
Aylesbury
stewartjlight-knives.com
"Ontario Knife has been manufacturing "Old Hickory" kitchen knives for over 100 years - in fact since 1889. The "Old Hickory" knives have stood the test of time and proved themselves as the best carbon steel kitchen knife sold today. Each "Old Hickory" knife is made with 1095 carbon steel, fully heat treated and tempered to provide a razor sharp cutting edge which is easily sharpened when needed. The knives are fitted with an attractive hardwood handle branded "Old Hickory" and secured with brass compression rivets."

These were bought some time ago as project knives. I have three other Old Hickorys half done which won't be finished any time soon and am trying to reduce the number of jobs on my list.

The steel on these is excellent but they are carbon steels, intended for kitchen use - they will rust if left wet and will form a patina in use.

There are two 'butchers' knives and one skinner.

As you can see, I've drawn on the skinner. The plan was a very severe conversion to a Nessmuk style blade.
The large butcher has a ding in the edge.

None are razor sharp as they don't come like that from the factory.

DSC02821.jpg

DSC02820.jpg

DSC02822.jpg

DSC02823.jpg

£10 each delivered or all three for £25.

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE