Food....gets about a bit!!!

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

Mojoracinguk

Nomad
Apr 14, 2010
Hereford
Last week my Dad called to say he'd been given 2 brace of pheasant from his old club....seeing as his dad was a butcher he wanted to pass on some game prep skills.We prepped them and the brace i had became a lovely casserole. So we could say raised, shot, eaten, all within at an over estimate 30 miles. Went to Aldi today and they had boxed pheasant in the freezer "produced in Scotland...packed in Germany"....sold in Hereford....i'm not even trying to work out how far that bird flew :(

Confussed.....Mojo

cwillson

Forager
Jul 14, 2007
Cotswolds
I remember seeing a program a few years ago that showed the ridiculous mileage that a lot of common food products go. Some were grown in a town, flown/shipped to europe for packaging and eventually ended up on the shelves in a supermarket in the very town they were produced outside of! Fricking ridiculous! Bring back the butcher, grocer and old high street style shops I say!

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE