Folding Shovel

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

tasum

Forager
Mar 3, 2011
Leeds, UK
very much like the surplus one i bought a few years back. very handy to keep in the boot for the snow and only a few quid.

Bushwhacker

Banned
Jun 26, 2008
Dorset
I've managed to break two of these whilst out ferreting, didn't manage to dig any deeper than 6 inches - rivets popped out and bent up the blade.

Badger90

Forager
Mar 17, 2011
Devon
I've managed to break two of these whilst out ferreting, didn't manage to dig any deeper than 6 inches - rivets popped out and bent up the blade.

That's unfortunate, i've so far used it to mix cement, dug a small drainaway ( albeit not very deep ) and dug me Landy out. I wouldn't trust it as far as hard soil or rocky areas, but for the price and size i found it pretty good.

Old Bones

Settler
Oct 14, 2009
East Anglia
Endicotts have the real thing http://www.endicotts.co.uk/product_info.php?cPath=122&products_id=786 for £12.95 for a Grade 1. More expensive than the knockoffs (although they stock those as well for £5.95), but apparently as tough as they come.

I went for the slightly more retro Austrian one that they stock - very heavy duty, although go for the 'super' grade if you can. Not the smallest or lightest, but perfect for the car snow kit.

Badger90

Forager
Mar 17, 2011
Devon
Endicotts have the real thing http://www.endicotts.co.uk/product_info.php?cPath=122&products_id=786 for £12.95 for a Grade 1. More expensive than the knockoffs (although they stock those as well for £5.95), but apparently as tough as they come.

I went for the slightly more retro Austrian one that they stock - very heavy duty, although go for the 'super' grade if you can. Not the smallest or lightest, but perfect for the car snow kit.

It's identical to this one, whether a knock off or not, i'm impressed with it so far, not had any reason to doubt it with what i've used it for, i imagine faithful have got the rights to produce it, although i usually steer clear of their tools as a rule

Buckshot

Mod
Mod
Jan 19, 2004
Oxford
I think the folding tools have an inherant weak point. I've broken several folders before so now I've gone for the old fashioned t handle enrenching tool and mounted it on the inside of the rear door of my landy
I replaced the handle with a geo hammer head so it's now a pick and hammer too - it's based on a pattern of a Gamekeepers friend
DSC00242.jpg

Mark

Mar 19, 2011
South West UK
Soviet Spetznaz Cold Steel Shovel...theres a crazy shovel..the edges are sharp as any good blade you will find..try reviewing it on Youtube..im deffo getting one!

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE