Folding saw makeover

Biker

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
We've all walked out of the room when the Missus grabs the remote and watches one of those dreadful makeover programmes on TV. Well I thought I'd try the same principle on a folding saw minus the eyeliner and manicure.

I recently bought it on ebay, not too shabby either. There was nothing wrong with the original handle except it was a bit bulky when closed and the teeth could still be seen. It just wasn't "tidy". :rolleyes:

So I had some time on my hands so I dug out a short end of broken hickory pickaxe handle that was in the basement and started whittling.

Granted it's nothing overly complicated or intricate, you'll notice no carving like some of those Opinels from another thread, but I like the new look a lot better. It looks sorta olde worlde now. Almost Steampunk is style.

2 coats of American walnut woodstain stain and 2 coats of polyurethane varnish. Job done.

Anyway thought I'd share it with you. Just cos' I'm totally insecure and desperately need my ego pandering to. :lmao:

Thanks for reading. Now I just need to figure out how to make a suitable leather sheath for it, or some sort of holster.

Biker

Foldingsaw1.jpg

Foldingsaw2.jpg

Foldingsaw3.jpg

Foldingsaw4.jpg

No it's not difficult to use, I'm a carpenter by trade so using handtools, whatever type of handle it's fitted with isn't a difficulty.

Melonfish

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Jan 8, 2009
Warrington, UK
What did you use to cut the gap for the blade m8? i'm interestied in re-handling a couple of saws myself.

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE