fly fishing tying kit

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

leaf man

Nomad
Feb 2, 2010
Blacker Hill
now then gang

i have been given fly rod, reel, small box full of lines, mono and braided backing aswell as a big a$$ box full of tieing stuff.

by stuff i mean feathers, full birds wings, full hares ears, rabbit fur, seal fur, glittery bits, bogglie eyes and wool type stuff.

i just need a vice, sharp scissors, silk and bobbin thingy and hackle pliers.

my proposition is for some one to teach me and swap half of the tieing bits for the bits i need and 2 hours teaching, and really soon if its ok. im itching to get one the Don!!

anyone up for it? many thanks
:You_Rock_
atb, Mike

Jul 26, 2009
My Front Room
There is a really good book called the Fly Tying Bible.
It shows you stap by step how to tye. Building up your skill level flie by flie. Introducing more complicated flie patterns as your techniques improve.

jonnie drake

Settler
Nov 20, 2009
west yorkshire
fly tiers bible is good mate, but not essential plenty of good vids on you tube, stick with ollie edwards and davie mcphail you wont go far wrong, and ukflydressing forums are a great place to learn dozens of patterns they have a huge on line library of step by step guides.

tools are a pain!! you will find a ceramic bobbin holder, good set of scissors and a materelli type whip finish and dubbing needle very useful, other tools are not so important.

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE