Flint in Portsmouth area?

British Red

M.A.B (Mad About Bushcraft)
Dec 30, 2005
Mercia
Yep - Meon Valley (maybe 15 miles). Walk along the fields near Corhampton and you can pick up 18" nodules

tombear

On a new journey
Jul 9, 2004
Rossendale, Lancashire
Well that was a downer, the half day I had assigned for grubbing up flint was cancelled due to our potential hosts letting us down so we had to travel all the way home insted. I was not a happy bunny as at 1 I was at Fort Nelson looking down the Meon Valley! We only just made it back before the driver flaked out so my adding a couple of hours on playing would have gone down badly.

Oh well. I got to see some beautifull bands of juicy dark flints the size of a babys head in the tunnel to the magazines.

Next time....

ATB

Tom

British Red

M.A.B (Mad About Bushcraft)
Dec 30, 2005
Mercia
Damn it Tom, if you had shot me a PM I would have brought you a car boot full to Nelson - brilliant place

I'm moving shortly but if you are coming back, shoot me a PM and I'll give you precise references on the best fields to visit

Red

tombear

On a new journey
Jul 9, 2004
Rossendale, Lancashire
This is not helping my argument with herself that we don't need a fancy phone with internet, GPS, mind control ray etc ;-{D)

But thanks very much for the thought! :-{D) We need all the help we can get!

We will be back down south before the end of the year so 4th time lucky!

Aye Fort Nelson is great, the staff were very friendly and they had laid on lots of kids stuff on the Tuesday. Mind you trying to stop a nine year old from prospecting for flint in the tunnels of a listed site was a new experience! Its a good job he hadn't realised there was a widgy bar on my keyring!

ATB

Tom

Last edited:

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE