Flint and steel practice

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

Woody girl

Mar 31, 2018
Exmoor
I really struggled to find King Alfred's Cakes (I'm in Farnborough, Hampshire) and there just don't seem to be many Ash trees now, let alone fallen branches :( However, on a recent trip to the New Forest, I (literally) stumbled upon a fallen branch from an Ash which had a good number of them, so I liberated a couple to try with.
Apparently Ash used to be the third most common tree in England, but I can only guess that Ash Dieback has had a much bigger impact than I (and I suspect many others) appreciated.

I used to live near Farnborough in the 60s and 70s. I remember the elm being devastated in the area back then.... including my tree house tree. I remember crying my heart out when that went. Recently saw a stand of conifers all looking very dead. It's a big problem. With the amazon burning and tree diseases decimating them. I worry for the future of our world.

Robson Valley

Nov 24, 2014
McBride, BC
Dig under the conifer bark and look for the tell-tale groove tracks of burrowing bark beetle larvae.
If so, find as much evidence as you can = you have a serious problem.
We have 18,000,000 ha dead pine to sell you if you can find a use for junk wood.

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE