Flasks

rik_uk3

Banned
Jun 10, 2006
south wales
I love Thermax, I like Stanely, I love my 60 year old Thermos which still works really well so take you pick...Thermax pips the post for me.

demographic

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Apr 15, 2005
-------------
As a builder I've had a few flasks over the years.
Glass ones keep things hot better than stainless steel ones but the first time they fall out of the passenger footwell (which is the location they make their way towards most days) of a Transit they are knackered.

The ones with the fancy push button seals start out well but eventually leak. The more expensive it was the more that will cheese you off.
The best one I've had over the years was bought from Wilcos for about a fiver.
Oh and I NEVER put tea into a flask, always just hot water. That way my brew is far nicer and I can have noodles instead if I want.

rik_uk3

Banned
Jun 10, 2006
south wales
I've two of these, ones an old WW2 army version
general06_1215.jpg

It does a superb job, great for slow cooked rice or pasta.

Also one like this, again a civvie version, made in the USA comes with about four cups
http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Antique-S.../200703554612?pt=Folk_Art&hash=item2ebadd3434
Open for trade on that one.

Stingray

Feb 25, 2009
Kent
As a builder I've had a few flasks over the years.
Glass ones keep things hot better than stainless steel ones but the first time they fall out of the passenger footwell (which is the location they make their way towards most days) of a Transit they are knackered.

The ones with the fancy push button seals start out well but eventually leak. The more expensive it was the more that will cheese you off.
The best one I've had over the years was bought from Wilcos for about a fiver.
Oh and I NEVER put tea into a flask, always just hot water. That way my brew is far nicer and I can have noodles instead if I want.

So true!:)
25 years of van testing here too.Stainless steel and only hot water.

Chrisf

Aug 24, 2012
South yorkshire
I used a Thermos Urban Ultimate Steel Flask on my arctic trip in February. Kept water boiling hot overnight at -30.c. But a bit expensive for a flask and the cup is too small. I agree only hot water in a flask.

Chrisf

santaman2000

M.A.B (Mad About Bushcraft)
Jan 15, 2011
Florida
If your choice is between Stanley and Thermos you won't be disappointed with either. The stainless are extremely rugged. As to the leak on a pushbutton seal, it's irrelevant. They both have a lifetime warranty and excellent service.

Sep 21, 2008
Dartmoor
The older Stanley flasks perform well, they are what we used with the British Antarctic Survey for the 3 years I lived there... On my return from BAS (20 years ago) I bought one, it is still a superb flask which out-performs all of my others - but it weighs a ton.

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE