Fjallraven

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

Terry.m.

Forager
Dec 2, 2014
Kent
Does anyone have a view on their utility belt , as I am thinking of getting one.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Janne

Sent off - Not allowed to play
Feb 10, 2016
Grand Cayman, Norway, Sweden
I like very much Fjällräven products, but there are limits....

The nice part with a custom made belt is that you can get it perfect in size, both length and width, plus get exactly the attachments you want.

I personally prefer a very stiff (quite thick) belt if I am hanging stuff from it.

I had a local guy make me a bunch of belts, one for each hand gun I have. Saves me having to change the holsters and mag holders.

Last edited:

spandit

Bushcrafter through and through
Jul 6, 2011
East Sussex, UK
Just looked it up - no edge finishing and 2 flimsy looking loops to attach things to. I bought a belt off here in 2011 which cost £20 - that's about 1/6th of the cost and there was considerably more work put into it. Feeling guilty about how much it was now. It's double thickness for half the circumference. Don't know if topknot is still on here but it's an amazing belt and I'm sure making loops for it would be trivial for any of the makers on here

Reactions: Janne

Klenchblaize

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Nov 25, 2005
Greensand Ridge
You will find far better offerings as suggested above and many more besides but none will carry that funky and must-have curled up Arctic Fox logo.

It all comes down to what's most important to you.

K

Reactions: Arya

Tiley

Life Member
Oct 19, 2006
Gloucestershire
When I have the need to dangle stuff from my waist, I tend to use my father's old Sam Browne. It has a few useful loops and hooks for most needs and, perhaps because of its vintage, is a beautifully finished piece of leather. Might be worth seeing if you can find one in a surplus store; I don't know if that would be a good place to look but it might be worth a try.

Reactions: Terry.m.

Paul_B

Bushcrafter through and through
Jul 14, 2008
Cumbria
If you want a logo I'm sure one of the makers on here could put your own logo onto a custom belt. Just tell them the kind of thing you want and I know from what I've seen on here made out of leather there's some very creative people around.

I bought the canvas belt made by fjallraven and it cost a packet when I had seen something similar for less than half the price in the next shop. It wasn't very good neither. The metal clasp had very sharp edges that dig in and even cut me. I don't wear it now.

Janne

Feb 10, 2016
Sometimes 'quality' manufacturers produce stuff that is more cheap free merchandise than quality items.

I find that belts, much stuff like scarves, gloves, caps etc are best without a brand name.

Terry.m.

Forager
Dec 2, 2014
Kent
If you want a logo I'm sure one of the makers on here could put your own logo onto a custom belt. Just tell them the kind of thing you want and I know from what I've seen on here made out of leather there's some very creative people around.

I bought the canvas belt made by fjallraven and it cost a packet when I had seen something similar for less than half the price in the next shop. It wasn't very good neither. The metal clasp had very sharp edges that dig in and even cut me. I don't wear it now.

I don’t want or need a Logo, I just saw the belt on a Bushcraft you tube guy and liked the idea hence why I asked
The question about the belt, it just happened to be made by a known label.
I in fact use a lot of people on here
Who make “stuff” AND funny enough
None of it is cheap,
There is also a guy in Canada called Leonard Leather who makes a similar type belt and when I contacted him to
Make me one , firstly he could not do the specifics and also the cost would work out more.
Thanks to all who gave their views.!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Reactions: Janne

Janne

Feb 10, 2016
You can make a belt yourself. Nothing fancy, but practical.

The most difficult is to source the leather. The result will of course not be ‘professional’, but so what?

Janne

Feb 10, 2016
To add loops, you need to source another (old?) belt, and get one of those rivet kits.
A bonus if you have a hole cutter, if not, any decent hardware place have them. The "pipes".

I have over the years noticed that many of these fancier bucles are not cast, but made from compressed metal..
Not saying the Fjallraven is made this way though, for that price I expect cast bronze.

RaoTao

Jan 4, 2016
United Kingdom
If you don't mind all the nylon, battle belts are great! versatile bits of kits. Lots of webbing for attachment, use mine with my pack as a hip belt as the stock one was useless, if you have a cobra buckle on the belt can be used to repel like a riggers belt. And really doesn't matter if it gets wet ever and is super comfortable. But I guess it depends if you want something natural specifically. My kit is mainly maxpedition miliary style stuff so works a treat for my needs. Can't deny I have a mild Fjallraven addiction though. ( might be under selling that slightly)

Billy-o

Native
Apr 19, 2018
Canada
You will find far better offerings as suggested above and many more besides but none will carry that funky and must-have curled up Arctic Fox logo.

It all comes down to what's most important to you.

K

I always cut those little foxes off ... I realize now I should have been selling them :lol:

Janne

Feb 10, 2016
I am sure you can buy fake Arctic Fox emblems on Ebay. I guess you find them from the same sellers that sell fake BMW M badges and MB AMG badges

Will not look like a curled up fox though, more like a curled up dog in a cage waiting to be slaughtered and made into a spicy dish.

Broch

Life Member
Jan 18, 2009
Mid Wales
www.mont-hmg.co.uk
I was thinking of asking Hamish about these myself...
you can get the finnish surplus belt, and add loops yourself.
Sod paying Fjallraven prices!!

I'm going on Hamish's belt making course next week :) For the price of a belt I'll learn how to make one (properly) and where to source the best materials and tools; really looking forward to it :)

Reactions: jimbo75

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE