Fjallraven smock no.1

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

Corso

Aug 13, 2007
none
A bit uncalled for, I think. To each, his own...I use FR as well as surplus.

I speak from experience I've used alot of Fallraven stuff over the years and used to recommend it, however their quality has gone right down hill and their price has gone right up it.

Just look at their numbers range way over priced even when you consider their other ranges

http://www.fjallraven.co.uk/clothes/numbers/fjallraven-numbers-men

Its designed to make you look like an adventurer and your paying twice their rather high price for the privilege

seriously £130 for a wool, polyester cotton blend jumper

£435 for a pair of wool trousers

£170 for a merino wool top

And I thought Tad gear overcharged

£435.00

Dave

Hill Dweller
Sep 17, 2003
Brigantia
I do have a pair of barents pro trousers, which I do like. But the side pocket wont fit a knife or a bahco lapander, only a Sak etc. Its mean to be an axe pocket, stupid idea.
No zips, just buttons. Not too fond of that. The thigh pockets are not roomy enough, [baggy] to start sticking birch bark in.
I do like the knee pads. And I do prefer them when they have had a coating of greenland wax.
£106. Plus a tenner for the knee pads. This makes them good for kneeling position in the canoe. Plus they dry quickly.
I havent had them long enough for a proper review.

I still prefer the bison bushcraft trousers for slightly colder weather. Baggy side pockets for loads of stuff. Long thin laplander saw, or knife pocket. Which is good as I only want a full belt kit if absolutely neccesary, like in the arctic, otherwise, the less on my belt the better.

Last edited:

Tiley

Life Member
Oct 19, 2006
Gloucestershire
I would love a pair of the Bison Bushcraft trousers but they don't make them in a long leg length. So, I have to make do with the 5.11 Kodiak trousers which are great but have an even more bewildering array of pockets than the Fjallraven ones.

bigbear

May 1, 2008
Yorkshire
There is a bushcraft shop in Keswick where they stock a lot of FJ kit, I often pop in for a laugh at the prices. Surely however good the kit is, some of those price tickets are a bit steep ? As commented above, the last straw is when a brand becmoes fashionable, quality down and prices up is too often the result.
my SSAS single ventile bought second hand off this very forum for under a ton must do almost as much if not the same as many of their jackets.
oh, if you are out for a laugh in Keswick there is the Norwegian sweater shop on the same street, even in the sales I cannot imagine paying that for a sweater !
oh dear, seem to have turned into my Dad............

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE