Fjallraven Helags 40

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

baggins

Apr 20, 2005
Coventry (and surveying trees uk wide)
have you looked at the Stubben with side pockets. i've had one for a year now and love it. really useful being able to sit on it to save bum getting wet, and the removable side pockets are great as i can slide an axe down the back of them.

malley

Nov 17, 2008
Northumberland
Interesting pack. It has a chair in it? Nice looking.

Ref Helags 40 - I like the side pockets, hip belt and the pockets on them, overall design, space behind side pockets for axe etc, and that it seems like an ideal mix of a Bergen and a Duluth/frost river in terms of style, design and durability.

Of course, this is pure speculation!! 😀

I looked very hard at the stubbed! Especially for some flyfishing and day pack? How do you find the weight? From memory it was reasonably pricey, and quite expensive for the size? Yeah I love the design of the Helags but hopefully they bring out something similar soon!

I received my friluft today and the quality looks perfect! Aimed at hunting it is quite streamline, but should make a great overnight bag and especially with distance to cover! Nice and light and the ventilation system will be ideal for warm weather hunts! If it had the side pockets it would be perfect I think!

baggins

Apr 20, 2005
to be honest, yes, it is a heavy sack, but not so you'd notice. the seat is very comfy. i've spent several hours in Scotland photographing otters whilst sat on it and not once did i have a sore bum.
and yes, it is quite pricey too, but, compared with some of the other rucksack/seat combos, it is far more comfortable to carry and sit on, the material is very rugged and it is very weather proof. i like the idea of the removable side pockets, so i can take one side off to hang my camera etc.
one thing though, it is quite a long back, so wouldn't suit people of a shorter stature.

You may have sold me too try another fjallraven product... The financial advisor is not going to like this ;) I am fairly tall so can appreciate a nice long back. This could be just the ticket for short day hikes, fishing and hunting?? Thanks for the information too! How do you find the capacity? It works out to around 30ish litres with side pockets from memory? Cheers

baggins

Apr 20, 2005
Oops, sorry mate! lol!
Yup, i reckon the main bag is a generous 30 ltrs, plus the 2 external pockets and the side pockets. i'm 5'10 and the sack is very comfy, i think its only uncomfortable for shorter folk as the frame can dig into their bum (this is from SWMBO, who is 5'2 and really wants one but its just not comfortable).
A mate has just bough one on the strength of seeing mine and is really happy with it too.

Alright, added to the list... I may die before I buy all the things I need to try lol!

Thanks for the heads up though it looks like a great bag, now I just need to find a place that will ship to Australia...

Thanks!

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE