Fjallraven Granit shirt

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

Van-Wild

Feb 17, 2018
UK
I live in flannel shirts. The Fjallraven Granit looks like a decent heavier winter shirt. Worth the price tag or can the same be found cheaper? I like the G1000 shoulders....

Cheers.

Sent from my SM-G970F using Tapatalk

baggins

Apr 20, 2005
Coventry (and surveying trees uk wide)
I believe the granite is part wool. Have a look at the finish guys over at varstekela, they do a great merino wool shirt (i go for the extra long as i hav having my shirt untucked). Quite a slim fit but great quality and alot cheaper than FR shirts. ( i'm a massive Fjallraven gear fan, but have found they really have started to over price their stuff).

Reactions: Van-Wild

Nice65

Brilliant!
Apr 16, 2009
W.Sussex
I believe the granite is part wool. Have a look at the finish guys over at varstekela, they do a great merino wool shirt (i go for the extra long as i hav having my shirt untucked). Quite a slim fit but great quality and alot cheaper than FR shirts. ( i'm a massive Fjallraven gear fan, but have found they really have started to over price their stuff).
Started to overprice! It’s wonderful gear, I agree, but it really is too expensive. I’m seeing quite a few back to school children with the Kanken bags that range in price from £50-£100. I think the parents are buying into the brand.

The Granit, I’m not too sure. I think if you like it, then you should have it. I didn’t flinch too hard buying a couple of the Bison wool shirts and I‘ve had some wear out of them over the years.

Erbswurst

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Mar 5, 2018
Berlin
I think FR stuff is over rated and over priced. As they bought the by far largest German outdoor shop chaine I see the stuff everywhere and I also see that it is usually made pretty bad.

I recommend to buy something else.

Terry.m.

Forager
Dec 2, 2014
Kent
Filson are also vg unfortunately also expensive, however mackinaw wool shirts are bomb proof and last forever seriously warm..!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Kilbith

Tenderfoot
Oct 18, 2013
South West
Fjallraven shirt have very little wwol in it. It is like old "wool shirt" of 90's : a lot of acrylic and polyester with little wool.

It is not bad for high exercise in mountain (lighter, softer, dry quickly, rugged) or when it is time to wash them. But it not a "richblend" wool garnment.

from https://www.fjallraven.com/us/en-us/men/tops/sweaters-knitwear/granit-shirt-m
Material: G-1000® Silent Eco: 65% polyester, 35% cotton
45% acrylic, 25% polyester, 25% wool, 5% other fibers

Last edited:

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE