Fjällräven G-1000 vs MT fabric?

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

Lasse

Nomad
Aug 17, 2007
Belgium
Hello all!

I'm on the hunt for some good zip off trousers for all summer use (hiking, cycling and city) and am doubting which fabric to choose...

I already have a pair of Barents trousers in G-1000 which are very nice, but I need some good shorts for summer use that I can lengthen in the evening or on cooler days.

Since G-1000 is considered very hard wearing, I figured it would be a good choice (my jeans always fall apart after about 2 years at the crotch or upper legs, must be the cycling...). But now that I'm looking into it, I see Fjällräven is also selling trousers made out of their MT fabric. Which is optimised for warm weather use, they say.

The question: anyone with experience of both fabrics?
Is G-1000 clearly stronger and is MT really more comfy in summer? Is MT more comparable to other, much cheaper lightweight fabrics like used by Craghoppers etc.? Is MT worth its price compared to those?

Thanks in advance!
Lasse

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE