Five year old tracker.

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

Pappa

Need to contact Admin...
May 27, 2005
South Wales
www.plot55.com
I've tried to show my five year old son the basics of tracking a few times before, but he's never really shown much interest. Yesterday, we all went on a circular walk across some local farmland, taking in a burial chamber along the way. Part way through, we were walking through some long grass, and I mentioned something about "following the path". When he asked, "What path?", I pointed out how the grass had been flattened by somebody walking in the opposite direction. I got him to move from side to side so he could see the track from different angles. He then delighted me by going off ahead and following the track all the way through the field, occasionally commenting, "Oh, here's another one! It's going that way, look!". He only stopped because the burial chamber came into sight.

It was a great day, marred only slightly by having to wade, shin deep, through silage. Mmmm.

Pappa

Marts

Native
May 5, 2005
London
Keep showing him things, even if he doesn't show much interest. He'll probably surprise you one day by turning round and pointing out all the different sign he's spotted.

Nice one :D

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE