Fitbit activity tracker

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.
Feb 17, 2012
Surbiton, Surrey
Hi all, swmbo and myself have just taken the plunge and each bought a Fitbit watch tracking thingy.
The plan behind this is to get an idea of how much, or more likely how little, we are actually doing with the aim of improving our fitness levels.

Anyone on here have one and feel like adding me to yours, I'm hoping see others results will spur me on.

Cheers, Hamster

TeeDee

Nov 6, 2008
Exeter
Hi , Not sure how much use this will be , but I opted for a Garmin Vivofit2 after doing some review trawling. ( not saying one is any better or worse )

The thing I have learned is how sedentry my life can be which is kind of shocking. The Vivo fit will beep if you are static for too long as a reminder to get a wiggle on and have a bimble.

Bowlander

Nov 28, 2011
Forest of Bowland
I use the Samsung pedometer app on my phone, really motivates you to reach 10000 steps. Also, Strava is excellent for running/cycling.

Sent from my GT-I9505 using Tapatalk

Feb 17, 2012
Surbiton, Surrey
I completely agree with both of you, I had a polar loop a while back but didn't get on with it but the Fitbit seems to work for me so far.

I walk quite a bit for work but I have just started a weeks leave and it's amazing how little I am doing in comparison.
Hoping that the information on the tracker couple with seeing what a few others are doing will boost the motivation to do more.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Harvestman

Bushcrafter through and through
May 11, 2007
Pontypool, Wales, Uk
I took to wearing a pedometer recently. I don't get anywhere near 10000 steps most days. I'm not as active as I thought I was, and it motivated me to work on improving that. I have been losing weight ever since, albeit slowly.

TeeDee

Nov 6, 2008
Exeter
I took to wearing a pedometer recently. I don't get anywhere near 10000 steps most days. I'm not as active as I thought I was, and it motivated me to work on improving that. I have been losing weight ever since, albeit slowly.

If the weight loss is the main goal , don't neglect Calisthenics , a simple routine of 1 set of Push ups , squats , pull ups and anything else you want to throw in will assist massively.

For a small investment a kettlebell will offer quick returns on a basic routine. http://www.menshealth.com/fitness/ultimate-kettlebell-workout

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE