Fiskars X27 X25 and 2x Scythes

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

spader

Native
Dec 19, 2009
Scotland
Hi All

Shed clearing out continues. The FISKARS Axes were bought about 7 year ago. Made in Finland, the very original. These were bought for spares in case handle broke with the working ones, but never needed them. Used a couple of times when the working ones were borrowed by relatives. So they are in very good condition.

X27 - £50

X25 - £45

Both for £90 ==> Now £85 delivered via tracked courier

22654251052_cbd6ac86a9_z.jpg

Will be sent to UK mainland address only via tracked delivery. Payment via Paypal ok.

Last edited:

British Red

M.A.B (Mad About Bushcraft)
Dec 30, 2005
Mercia
Hi Spader, interested in a Scythe :) Are they identical beyond assembly? Looks like the flat pack may be a curved snath?

Also what length and type of blades do they have?

ATB

Red

spader

Native
Dec 19, 2009
Scotland
Hi Red

Yes they are identical scythes with curved snath. The length of the snath is 150cm. Good balance. The blades are both 60 cm, not sure what type of the blade - I think it is Austrian.
Feels very solid and heavy duty tools. cheers.

Last edited:

spader

Native
Dec 19, 2009
Scotland
The stone of the 2nd scythe is still wrapped in the original packing. It is a long oval shape cigar grinding stone about 7 - 8 inches long.
The first one had the stone too, but it was lost. Or it will be somewhere in the shed. If I find it, I will get the photo up, and will include it in the box when dispatching. :)

British Red

M.A.B (Mad About Bushcraft)
Dec 30, 2005
Mercia
No problem - is it the flat stone that tapers at each end or the completely round one? Sorry to be a pain - trying to decide (I have a flat tapered scythe stone but not one of the old all round jobs)

Dobloz

Jan 18, 2013
Manchester, UK
Hi Spader,

i'm not sure if it will be of use to you, and you may already know this - but i think you can get the Fiskars brand new for less than you are offering them?
There may be differences in the ones you have, though the X27 and X25 can be bought from around £35 (even from Wickes) or less in sales....
It may be why they've not sold yet... ? Unless they have?
All the best for the season ;)

spader

Native
Dec 19, 2009
Scotland
Hi Dobloz

Thank you for your info and the greetings :)

I think when I bought them about 7 - 8 year ago, they were £75 and £70 each.
So I am selling at the price, but I am thinking to myself, that these are solidly made genuine Fiskars X25 and X27 Made in Finland.

Now, the ones selling cheap with hundreds of piled stock in supermarkets, I am not sure if they are even made in Finland these days, and looks to me as if they are mass import from somewhere.

Not saying mass produced and imported goods are inferior quality, but surely keep the price well down like everything else.
I will be keeping mine, if they don't sell. They are good tools, Seasons greetings to you and yours. :)

Hi Spader,

i'm not sure if it will be of use to you, and you may already know this - but i think you can get the Fiskars brand new for less than you are offering them?
There may be differences in the ones you have, though the X27 and X25 can be bought from around £35 (even from Wickes) or less in sales....
It may be why they've not sold yet... ? Unless they have?
All the best for the season ;)

Dobloz

Jan 18, 2013
Manchester, UK
Yes, you are right, the heritage and source of tools is important :eek:

I've got a number of tools like that too.
There are cheaper available now, but inferior steel and wood.
if i did not have so many, i might have been tempted... :lmao:

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE