Fishing now legal

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

punkrockcaveman

Jan 28, 2017
yorks
Just thought I'd give everyone a heads up that hasn't heard, fishing is now legal again, at least in England. Obviously please check locally for specifics.

Reactions: TeeDee

Countryman

Native
Jun 26, 2013
North Dorset
4. Visiting public places
You can exercise outside as often as you wish and from Wednesday 13 May, you can also sit and rest outside – exercise or recreation can be alone, with members of your household, or with one other person from outside your household, while keeping two metres apart at all times.

From Wednesday 13 May, you may drive to outdoor publicly accessible open spaces irrespective of distance, but should follow social distancing guidance whilst you are there. You should plan ahead to ensure that, where you are visiting places like National Parks, you have checked that they are open and appropriately prepared for visitors. You should not go to ticketed outdoor leisure venues, where there is a higher risk of close contact and touching surfaces.

When travelling to outdoor spaces, it is important that people respect the rules in Scotland, Wales and Northern Ireland and do not travel to different parts of the UK where their intended activities there would be prohibited by legislation passed by the relevant devolved administration.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Reactions: TeeDee

Kepis

Bushcrafter through and through
Jul 17, 2005
Sussex
It's still subject to distancing restrictions and at the fishery owners / managers discretion whether to open or not, if the fishery can't comply with the rules, it doesn't open, at my lakes we have had to close a number of pegs as they are too close together to comply with the law and if people can't comply with the rules then we will close again.

Reactions: punkrockcaveman

bobnewboy

Native
Jul 2, 2014
West Somerset
Yes, and yippee! :) . I think my darling wife will be happy to have me out from under her feet for a day or two

I have booked into two different fisheries, one on Weds and one on Sat. Each time I have had to book in advance, due to the requirement for social distancing that Kepis mentions. So if you’re keen to wet a line, make sure you call your fishery in advance.

punkrockcaveman

Jan 28, 2017
yorks
My first choice will be just down on the river, flicking a few lures around for the trout. Plenty of space down there. You can bet I'll be down there asap on Wednesday though!

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE