Fishing gear at poundland

Damascus

Native
Dec 3, 2005
Norwich
They have done it again, Poundland :You_Rock_ in Norwich are selling fishing outfits. The rod, reel and a box of bits all a pound each, just right for your hols or in the rucksack and almost at a disposable price. I have just bought one for my travels and I know its not a rolls but a Lada but who cares!!

AJB

Native
Oct 2, 2004
Lancashire
That was a bit harsh! Anyway, I must just preface this by saying I’m a kit junky and never really do anything with it – but it makes me very happy.

I’ve been after a telescopic rod for a long time but not having fished in about twenty years I don’t know the manufacturers and don’t know how much you should pay for one which will work.

I paid a visit to LIDL the other day (on the scrounge for something else) and they had kits that sound very similar to Damascus’ but at about £20. They also had telescopic rods at a similar price with a real etc. I’m guessing that these would last long so I didn’t buy one.

Can anyone suggest a midrange rod that won’t break the bank but will work?

Ta

xairbourne

Jan 10, 2006
Pontypool
www.youtube.com
I got into sea fishing with Buffalobill a couple of years ago and one lesson we learnt straight away "you buy cheap you buy twice"

You can catch a fish on cheaper equipment no problem but come the 3rd time you use the rod eye's start to fall off, your real will jam and fail.

One of the best rod's i have ever bought is made by FOX and its a spinmaster these are really light and strong (pull your anchor up) with a good real and line this rod will handle most situations and ive had mine for years.

I have caught pike, bass, mackerel, Pollock, squid, etc… highly recommended

AJB

Native
Oct 2, 2004
Lancashire
"you buy cheap you buy twice" - Couldn't agree more.

Thanks for the info, is the Fox spinmaster a telescopic rod?

Andy

Damascus

Native
Dec 3, 2005
Norwich
Hey Guys

Been fishing all my life and have some quality gear at home but having given them the once over, worth having with you for the fun factor alone. If you want a real quality packable rod try shimano web site they have some nice ones, truely up market the Hardy traveller, this is for fun!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE